How long do i sterilise bottles for??

mylittlebud1

Reaction score
Hi,

Evie is now 9 months old (6 months corrected) and i was wondering how long you sterilised your babies bottles for?

I have been weaning her for few months now and just wash her bowls and spoons.

Any advise would be great

Claire

i did it for just over a year, practically had to wean myself off the steriliser :haha:

I think people say you should do it for a year for preemies.

Amelias neonatal team say 1 year as they dont have the best immune systems x

I still steralise everything now, bottles, cups, spoons and bowls! Im not too sure why though because Harry is always rolling about in mud and covered in mess! I think im just so used to it i still do it.

Hospital told us we could stop at a year x

I stopped just before his first birthday, as he'd eat things off the floor and suck the carpet daily lol

I was told 1 year but i still steralize, like some of the other ladies said im still trying to wean off the steralizer

I stopped about a month ago, i dident see the point after she started trying to lick my shoes, the carpet, the sofa, my mums dog.................................

Can i just say how i am so glad its not just Harry who licks EVERYTHING!!!! LOL X

heh my neonatalogist said only until he was 4 months (corrected). I think I continued until 6 (until I went to see him essentially and found out haha). I thought it was a pain and was quite content to stop.

I thought you were supposed to do bottles for 1 year normally because of their design, but maybe I'm wrong. It will be nice to get rid of the steriliser earlier with baby No 2. I stopped at 1 year actual with Jamie but I only did his bottles and dummies. I never bothered with bowls or spoons.

They do recommend a year but once there mobile and putting everything in their mouth i dont see the point. I wash mine with hot soapy water and then rinse with boiling water from the kettle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->