How long do you think it would take to tone up? (not lose weight)

youngone

Reaction score
If you didn't want to lose weight but had quite a lot of toning up to do, how long realistically would you give yourself?

I have about 4 months- is this possible do you think??

THANKS!! :flower:

Absolutely. If you stay dedicated, motivated and actually get into the weight training then without doubt you will see some decent results, before 4 months!

Decent results are usually gained around the 3 month mark.

Weight training combined with cardio will acheive what you want.

Thanks so much for your reply!! I'd really like to get an idea from a mix of people, because I really have no idea :)

I'm buying the ripped in 30 DVD, but I don't believe you can actually get toned in 30 days, i'm being realistic :flower:

I would say that after 4 months you will have a decent noticeable difference in your body.
Just ensure a mixture of bodyweight, cardio and weights.
And remember about eating. (Ensure you have enough protein I think) I'm sure a little google search will help.
Good luck.
And update us on how it goes

Attachments

• Run8.jpg
    Run8.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1
For sure you'll see a difference-- when I started incorporating weights (to tone up) into my overall routine, I noticed a change within the first month. But it took several months to get to where I just maintain my current muscle mass. I still take Power twice a week to maintain... I especially noticed the difference after losing the post baby weight too. I lost that, and then some extra weight I'd been wanting to lose, so I could even better see my muscles! You don't even need to do anything crazy- I do fairly light weights (in comparison to some of the other woman I see)- but I'm not trying to gain more muscle now... so start off lighter, then slowly work up every 4-6wks. I do lots of reps with lighter weight to tone, not build muscle. But I also worked up to where I wanted to be- then stick to that weight (most workouts) to maintain. :) You got this!

For sure you'll see a difference-- when I started incorporating weights (to tone up) into my overall routine, I noticed a change within the first month. But it took several months to get to where I just maintain my current muscle mass. I still take Power twice a week to maintain... I especially noticed the difference after losing the post baby weight too. I lost that, and then some extra weight I'd been wanting to lose, so I could even better see my muscles! You don't even need to do anything crazy- I do fairly light weights (in comparison to some of the other woman I see)- but I'm not trying to gain more muscle now... so start off lighter, then slowly work up every 4-6wks. I do lots of reps with lighter weight to tone, not build muscle. But I also worked up to where I wanted to be- then stick to that weight (most workouts) to maintain. :) You got this!

When you say fairly light what are you using? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->