How long does it take for a line to get darker? UPDATE :(

Beeka

Reaction score
Hi, exactly as the title says really. How fast should my line get darker. I got a faint positive yesterday and took another test this morning and it's not that much darker. I'm so worried it's a chemical. Did your tests get darker quite quickly or did it take a few days?

hcg needs 48 hours to double so if u want to c a darker line then u should wait 2 days ...good luck

Yep, wait 2-3 days to re-test, you should see a difference.

I'm in the same boat hun. Very faint positives yesterday and this morning. I'm going to wait this out with you. GL hun, hope we get out strong lined BFPs. FXed. :dust:

IM IN THE SAME BOAT! I got my first BFP exactly a week ago (three days before AF was due) and Ive tested 4 times since then and still the lines arent getting any darker,,, my DR confirmed my pregnancy with blood draws and saw that my HCG actaully tripled over two days time.... but still i tested after that and the lines are still not very dark?........

I tested yesterday and today with FMU and I was expecting the line to be at least a tiny bit darker but it turned out to be pretty much the same. I'm not going to test tomorrow and hope by Thursday the line is a bit darker. Also got a Dr's appt on Thursday so will hopefully be able to get it confirmed!

Baby dust to all and lets hope they are sticky!!!

Are you using ic's? I'm a poas addict and got my bfp on an ic 4 days ago. I took a frer that day too and the line was much darker then it was on the ic. Everyday my ic's aren't any darker but the frers are. I took an opk too for kicks and it was way way dark lol!

I've been taking IC's and FRER. The FRER tests have an obvious pink line. No squinting needed but still quite faint. My IC's are really really faint, have to get the right angle to see the line. I know a line is a line but my lines should be darker by now. I'm 17 dpo. I caved and took another IC this morning and not much different again :( I really think this is going to end as a chemical.

I got my BFP 10 days ago and my lines are only starting to get darker now. They were faint for the first week. Just wait a few days and test again. xx

I was having my hCG levels monitered, and when my hCG was 1175, my line still did not match the control line, sometimes they just dont! Im 6 weeks and saw a heartbeat yesterday..dont stress it

When I got my BFP, it took FOREVER to get dark lines on an IC test. However, on a FRER they were much darker.

Just to update - It was a chemical :( I started bleeding this morning a week late; after 4 positive pregnancy tests. My tests never got dark. This has hit me harder than I ever imagined!

i had exactly the same question

https://www.babyandbump.com/two-week-wait/780990-long-would-take-lines-get-darker.html

they were super faint for nearly 3 days, but i just got a bfp with a digital today.

aaah, i'm really sorry, i only read the first page of this, not the second. i must have sounded so insensitive.

i'm really sorry for your loss. i was there last month.

i hope you're ok. fxd for next month.

I’m so sorry. This happened to me last month. I promised myself I wouldn’t test again until after my missed period but I took a test this morning 1 day before AF due and a super faint line- so scared it’s going to be a chemical again. I hope so hard that we all can have GL <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->