How long does it take to get back to normal?

Yazz_n_bump

Me, Fiancé & Jack! :)
Reaction score
I had Jack on Thursday so he's 4 days old now, I had a c-section so obviously still in pain and finding it a bit harder to get around.
The thing is my iron levels are shite, they nearly gave me a blood transfusion because they're that bad. Saw the health visitor today and she thinks Jack is doing really well but she kept going on how pale etc. I am.

Just a question how long does it take to get back to normal to those who had a c-section? I feel like shite and it's not as if i'm not getting enough sleep as Jack only wakes up around 3-4 times a night and is off to sleep within half an hour and my OH keeps looking after him downstairs while I nap in bed in the day for a hour.
I want to be healthy again. :( :dohh:

It can take a while, sometimes years. :? I know that's not what you want to hear but in some cases it's true. I'll be 5 months PP next month and I'm still not recovered. C-section is a huge surgery. Just try not to over strain yourself because you could badly hurt yourself.
:hugs:

It can take a while, sometimes years. :? I know that's not what you want to hear but in some cases it's true. I'll be 5 months PP next month and I'm still not recovered. C-section is a huge surgery. Just try not to over strain yourself because you could badly hurt yourself.

Years?! :cry:

I'm not straining to much. My OH is amazing and is doing everything for me like the washing, making up feeds for when I can't BF, changing Jack (well we take turns but if I'm in pain and it's my turn he'll do it for me lol.) so I'm not doing much just making sure my little man is happy.
I just hope to recover soonish as before preg I could live off 4-5 hours sleep for 2 days so I want to get like that again.

Thank you though.

Oh hun, no advice sorry :hugs:

I hope you make a speedy recovery though and LO is doing okay. Forgot to say on facebook - congratulations. He's beautiful. xxx

:hugs: Didn't have a C-section but hope you get well soon xxx

Years?! :cry:

I'm not straining to much. My OH is amazing and is doing everything for me like the washing, making up feeds for when I can't BF, changing Jack (well we take turns but if I'm in pain and it's my turn he'll do it for me lol.) so I'm not doing much just making sure my little man is happy.
I just hope to recover soonish as before preg I could live off 4-5 hours sleep for 2 days so I want to get like that again.

Thank you though.

Yeah. :sad1:
My back still feels like utter shit some days and I just ache almost all the time. At least you're getting help! I hope it doesn't take long for you!

Did they not give u iron tablets? I narrowly missed having a c section but had to have an episiotomy & forceps, so last alot of blood, and the midwife said I looked pale so took my blood to check iron levels and she gave me iron tablets cos I had anemia! It will take u weeks to feel normal again hun.. its a major operation u had, hope u feel better quickly though xx

i dont have any personal experience buttt 2 ladies i had my antenatal class with had c sections and their both absolutely fine now! ive never heard them complain about anything..i think it varies for everyone but dont be too hard on yourself he's only 4 days give it a few weeks
also having a baby sucks the life out of you lol..i had zach naturally but tore my cervix and had to have a blood transfusion and was in theatre for hours after and i felt complete utter crap for a few weeks..you'll start to feel better soon x

^ i was also on iron tablets

congratulations too :) xx

Hey hun congrats first off
my daughter is almost 6 mnths old and i still have problems.
It does get better though. I occasionaly get pain and that but if i do wayy too much i have to take a break and relax. I wasnt able to play softball cause it was too much on me. But it does get better and it is different for everyone.

Didn't have a c-section, but hope you're feeling better soon :) as the other ladies said try not to strain yourself even though it is hard with a LO! :hugs:

And congratulations on Jack I've not had chance to say it yet :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->