How long for period to return after mini pill?

starstarstar

Reaction score
Hey :)

I was just wondering, for those who were on the mini pill (cerazette etc) how long did it take for your period to come back once you came off it? Also, were your cycles back to normal straight away or did it take a while?

Thanks ladies :)

I was on Cerazette before both of my pregnancies and it took around 3 weeks to get AF after stopping it both times.

Forgot to add...

Cycles went back to normal straightaway. I was worried it would take a while as I had been on it for 7 years before DS, but it was fine.

Thanks, that's good to know. I was on it for a few years before I had my DD but because I didn't really have a clue what I was doing and wasn't tracking etc I can't remember if mine went back to normal straight away or not :-/

I was on the pill for 8 years before deciding to come off in January of this year to TTC. After having the withdrawal bleed, I had my first period 3 weeks after that.. They have been irregular since so far for me..

I just got off around 6/15 and had a super period (is that the withdrawal bleed?) and haven't had a period since...so I'm on day 33 of my cycle and I don't think I ovulated :-/ Sounds like it is normal for some to have irregularity after? My DH and I were hoping to try for #2 but that won't work if I'm not ovulating lol.

It seems like it is a bit hit and miss. I've only just stopped so I'm sure it will be a while before anything happens. I'm not looking forward to my first period in over two years though! I was one of the lucky ones who's period stopped on the mini pill. I think I'm going to get the shock of my life when I get period pains! Lol!

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->