How long for the pain to go after stitches ??

mama2b

Mummy & TTC
Reaction score
I know its only been a week but my bits are still so sore, I can hardly walk :( I had 10 stitches around the labia i think? at least thats what i remember them saying, tbh I don't even know, it doesn't say in my notes ?!

Ibuprofen and paracetamol don't have any effect, it still stings when I go to toilet and is even worse if I go in the bath !!

The swelling has gone down but I can't even sit on the sofa for more than a few minutes, it doesn't seem to be getting any better is this normal ?

I feel awful, I get really tearful and im sure this is because as well as surviving on only a few hours im in so much pain and had mastitis which i also have antibiotics for.

I am so, so tired but I just can't sleep in the day no matter how exhausted i am, its like i have insomnia. The days go so quick and i spend the whole day in pain and feeling totally out of it as im so tired and irritable.

Mine still hurts 3 weeks on :( Kills doesnt it x

yea the pain in mine didn't go away til around 5-6 weeks have you tried an ice pack hun? they helped me out loads...hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Dont think i'm crazy!

I had a lot of stitches when I had my lilttle 1. The pain brought me to tears for the 1st week.

But the best advice I can give is everytime you wash, ie in the shower or bath dry your lady bits with a hair dryer on a cool heat. This ensures all the stitches dry properly and so heal sooner. Also when you pee wash and tab dry afterwards.

I did this and the pain was gone within 2-3 weeks tops.

My mum who suffered the same problem with my birth 23 years ago swore by the same thing and my aunt who's a midwife told me the same thing.

It was the best advice ever.

Hope you feel better soon!

Danilou x

awww hun try avin a bath with a bit of milk and tea tree oil thats wot iv been doin xxxxx

I'm almost a month after having an episiotomy and I'm just starting to feel ok. I'm not in pain anymore, it's just still a bit uncomfortable. And around week 2 I was very itchy what felt like on the inside. Maybe it was the stitches dissolving? Hope you feel better soon, the pain will pass. I was in the exact same situation as you. Swollen like crazy, couldn't sit down even on soft surfaces. I just kept popping pills and using my squirt bottle when peeing.

SIX WEEKS !!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Which maternity pads do you reccommend ? I have been using the tesco ones but wondered if there were any softer, higher quality ones you can reccommend ?

oh gosh :( i'm so sorry you are having sucha bad time right now!

when i had my son... all 9lbs 3.5oz of him i was lucky enough to not need anything, but 'just incase' before i had him i bought some mothercare gel pads, i don't know how well they work asof course as theywere never used but apparently you just put them in the freezer and slip them in the gauze you can buy andit's supposed to give some relief. again asi said i don't know if they work, but just wanted to let you know the are availableand are for exactly what you are experiencing.

hope you're feeling more likeyour normal self soon!!

xXx

i had a 3rd degree tear (apparently quite a bad one, had to go to theatre) and currently taking diclophenic(sp?) tablets which are pain killers and anti inflammatry. i had jacob nearly 4 weeks ago and although some days i am still sore it seems to be healing ok and is not as painful anymore it just aches most days, like a really bad period cramp. i also have nearly stopped bleeding now and it can get quite dry which also makes me sore.

im so glad u asked this hun coz i was wonderin the same but my stitches are diff 4m urs coz they said they were trying a new thing and done it all on the 1 thread so its 1 big stitch so dnt kno if it makes much diff! but im still pretty sore just now as well and the wee mans only 12 days but i put alot of my pain down 2 the fact tht i hav an infection. i hope its not much longer coz it aint fun, hope u feel better soon.

oooo try havin a salt bath, i have been every morn and the relief once your out and dry is ammense. even if its just for half the day

xxxx

mummy&bump - i think i had the same? i asked how many stitches i had and got told by my midwife she didnt know as she believed they have used the one thread and did one big stitch. but they have all dissolved now so not sure?!

my stitches hurt until around 5weks after birth, but i had a infection and LOTS of stitches x

I had quite a few stitches and i found the pain when going for a pee unbearable.
Midwife told me to use a jug of warm water and pour it down as u pee so it dilutes the urine making it not sting so bad!! Might b worth a try.

P.S drink lots and lots of water.

ye sounds like uv got same katiex, i dont know if mines have dissolved i keep having a peek in the mirror but i cant see the stitches 2 know lol im actually quite impressed with what theyv dun i expected a big mess of stretched and who flung dung down there but i really dont think i notice any difference from before i was pregnant.

xx

ye sounds like uv got same katiex, i dont know if mines have dissolved i keep having a peek in the mirror but i cant see the stitches 2 know lol im actually quite impressed with what theyv dun i expected a big mess of stretched and who flung dung down there but i really dont think i notice any difference from before i was pregnant.

xx

i keep daring myself to have a look but i cant yet, felt quite down and upset about it all after i had them done.
hv and midwives say they are ok and healing well. also as i had a 3rd degree i thought it would be very painful but it isnt, havent needed to dilute my wee or anything so i hope by this i have been stitched up and healed ok? x

i keep daring myself to have a look but i cant yet, felt quite down and upset about it all after i had them done.
hv and midwives say they are ok and healing well. also as i had a 3rd degree i thought it would be very painful but it isnt, havent needed to dilute my wee or anything so i hope by this i have been stitched up and healed ok? x[/QUOTE]

go on have a peek it wont be as bad as u imagine in ur head i think thats why i was impressed lol u wont even see the scar i had 2 get right up close 2 the mirror :rofl: and even then its hard 2 see.
i think thats a sign of heeling as i dont sting anymore ither and i lost the knot bit 4m my stitches 2day so i prusume as there falling out its healing? i guess

xx

I know its only been a week but my bits are still so sore, I can hardly walk :( I had 10 stitches around the labia i think? at least thats what i remember them saying, tbh I don't even know, it doesn't say in my notes ?!

Ibuprofen and paracetamol don't have any effect, it still stings when I go to toilet and is even worse if I go in the bath !!

The swelling has gone down but I can't even sit on the sofa for more than a few minutes, it doesn't seem to be getting any better is this normal ?

I feel awful, I get really tearful and im sure this is because as well as surviving on only a few hours im in so much pain and had mastitis which i also have antibiotics for.

I am so, so tired but I just can't sleep in the day no matter how exhausted i am, its like i have insomnia. The days go so quick and i spend the whole day in pain and feeling totally out of it as im so tired and irritable.

Oh hun I REALLY know exactly how you feel! I too had stitches AND got mastitis and on their own they're bad but together? It's AWFUl, I really feel for you.
Firstly, when I was in pain I came on here and read people's posts saying eventually the pain goes and I just couldn't believe it ever would. I was waddling like a duck, crying with the pain and utterly miserable.
But then one day, wham! the pain went! it was that sudden.
Suddenly I could walk again, smile again and all was well - and i seriously felt I never would!
As for the mastitis, antiobiotics and FEEDING through it really clears it up quickest.

I wish you a speedy recovery m'love because I SO SO feel for you but trust me IT GOES and now I am hop-skipping about again...!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->