How long have you been trying? Or how how long did it take to try?

Thanks. :mrgreen:

And as far as your idea of not being a 'fertility queen'... you seem fertile enough to me. I think all those women that brag about how 'fertile' they are by conceiving the first cycle are just dumper than a brick wall. It's really just a matter of luck, and most of the time in juxtaposition with age.

It was kind of reassuring to read that the average time a couple in their 30s take is nine months. It doesn't make the BFNs any easier to deal with, but at least it helps me keep things into perspective.

:flower:

True, that does help keep it in perspective.
But with the first, I was only 25 and had a lot of difficulty with getting pregnant. Personally, everyone that I know that has kids, is above average in the fertility department. Noone has taken longer than 4 months to conceive, even in their 30s. It's hard to remember those statistics when getting repeated bfns.

See, that's the thing.

I used to focus on those couples that succeeded within six months and draw comparisons.

Only after I opened my eyes did I realise that I know a lot of people that took them between one to two years.

And then there are a lot of people that believe it or not will lie about it. Don't ask me why. We can only presume. It's true.

I know of couples that blissfully succeeded on their first try, and others that went on trying for more than a year. So I'd like to think that this is truly a matter of luck (although I do think it's a good idea to check yourself out after a while if you're worried).

:shrug:

been trying for 7 mnths an stress like never before!
la rockera i like ur attitude
mbaby dust to allxx

Thanks, babes. I can be quite hard sometimes but I'm doing my best to keep things into perspective.

And as far as stress is concerned? At some points, you just can't avoid it. It's better to allow yourself to be human sometimes than become even more paranoid about stressing.

Stress cannot cause infertility. Yes, it may interfere with your hormones if there's just TOO much of it and delay ovulation, but if ovulation happens and all is good, it can't prevent conception.
:flower:

We have been TTC for 8 months - 8th cycle is about to become 9th as AF is so on her way - just wish she would bloody hurry up!

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you all!

Claire x

We're now in cycle 36 TTC #2. Took us 11 months/cycles for our son. I have endo so it could be a contributing factor in the length of time for us, but we're waiting on blood and SA results.

9 months ago, but for the last 3 months have been doing ovulation tests, charting, etc

Been ttc sine december of 09.
Got pregnant first try and ended in miscarriage in feb. Started trying again in april with last month off cause had to be on birthcontrol for a ovarian cyst. so total of 11 months i think since the miscarriage.

My second pregnancy took 7 months to conceive, then ended in m/c. But got pg with DD #2 only 4 weeks later.

Well, we've been really trying and tracking for a little over a year but I haven't been on birth control since before my DD whom is 14:cry:, also have a DS 13 and then we didn't try didn't prevent for all of that time....but hubby did work away alot so I don't know how many times we would have actually hit the right time:winkwink:

So I'm now 36 and decided to get serious about it and went to RE and we both have been tested and are both fine:winkwink: We were told however it could happen on its own as I'm unexplained but we decided to bite the bullet and will be going ahead with IVF very soon, but until then we're going to keep trying and hopefully we have a baby:happydance:

Been TTC since Jan 2011. This is our second cycle. Took us 4 years of being together to decide we are ready to become parents.

wow, seems like everyone else has been trying for much longer. Mid March we will be on our 2nd try for baby #1. I'm having some 'symptoms' but I suppose it could be the witch on her way. Seems a little early, and I've never been sore for this many days, but if AF doesn't arrive by the 9th we'll be testing. Wish us luck! And of course good luck and baby dust to all of u ladies!

for my 1st dd - ntnp for 2 months
with my 2nd it was my first cycle of clomid 50 mg
then last year i took clomid for 2 months on 50mg with no ovulaation..and then on 100mg i got pregnant right away but had an early m/c

now its been a little over a year sine my m/c and nothing since..on my 5th cycle of clomid just got moved up to 100mg and ovulated but already feel like af is coming..so im thinking 14 months is gonna be soon :(

Welcome to BnB,

My DH and I are starting our 6th cycle of trying. This will be our second cycle of clomid. Good luck to you!

Hi, We're just entering our sixth cycle. On cd1 now, boo hoo! Hoping that it happens soon.

x

The next cycle will be cycle 3 (but 1st lost as BD on all the wrong days).

Fingers crossed so tightly as TTC makes me so sad

Good luck everyone
x

We're on our 9th cycle this month, 2nd cycle of clomid. It's getting harder every month when AF arrives :( I had one chemical pregnancy in December on our 6th month ttc, so at least we know it's possible I guess.

First pregnancy - 3rd cycle lucky - miscarried at 10 weeks.

Second pregnancy - 3rd cycle lucky - Anna is now 13 months!!

We started ttc when Anna turned 1, so am in the two-week wait on 2nd cycle. Hopefully it will happen as easily as before. We are both 34 so expecting it to maybe take a wee bit longer.

Good luck everyone!:flower:

wer 5 cycles trying now and iam not feeling positive this month :-(

Next Friday we will be starting our 3rd Cycle of TTC, hopefully third time lucky :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->