How long NTNP before TTC?

lauzie84

Mummy to Amy & Katie
Reaction score
As the title states really, how long are you planning on NTNP before you actively TTC? I was thinking of giving it around a year and if I haven't got my BFP by then I will look at actively TTC xx

DH would like us to stay on NTNP until either I get a BFP (which will hopefully go to term) or until I get my menopause :lol:

I'm not really sure how long I'll be NTNP. Some days I want to start TTC the next day, then other times I never want to move to TTC. I think I'm so unsure as I know we have some fertility issues which will make a BFP harder to come by and I know we're not IVF candidates either so limits my options.

Also I can become obsessive really easily over TTC as I found to my cost in 2009 when DH and I were actively TTC. I became so stressed, unreasonable and negative that I was in danger of destroying my marriage and I triggered my clinical depression again :(

At the moment I am content to be NTNP so I'm here for a while :)

Hi lauzie84,

I'll be honest I don't really know. I really want to have a family, I am sooooo broody. But I know that charting, OPK's etc will drive me insane and I know that I will get totally obsessive.

And I also know this is pretty detrimental on the conception process. I am torn. I have never been PG and I'm 29 so I have no idea of my fertility. I'm totally in the dark.

I suppose in my mind I think if we haven't fallen in say 6 months I might start with OPK's....I don't think I could chart as I am always up at different times and I know this affects the result.

im the same as Macwooly, nearly ruined my relationship with the OH became so demanding, it was awful, so im here for a while

My ticker says 1year, 9 months and 1 day so I will go with that, lol. I really an not trying as much as not preventing though so I do not particularly expect a BFP, especially since I am not having any sign of AF while still BF'ing at the moment.

Hmmm.... I think its very unlikely I'll ever go back to OPKs or temping again. FAR too much stress. I think the most 'trying' I'll ever do is jumping on OH more around mid cycle when I think I'm Oving and checking CM, which I'll probably start doing more persistantly in 6 months or so, since thats how long it took us to conceive Isla.

EDIT: Though none of us will need to worry about when we'll move to TTC since we're all going to get BFP way before then :wohoo:

Thanks for being honest girls. To be honest with Amy I just came off the pill and we had :sex: just whenever and I fell pregnant within a few months.

This time round we have been NTNP since the start of Jan. I can't really get my head around my cycles/charting/OPK's, so happy to just carry on as we are and will reassess next year if I haven't got a BFP xx

We're NTNP until probably September (appx 6 months) and then we'll seek assistance from a dr, do fertility tests, etc. but hopefully we'll get a BFP much sooner than that!

We're NTNP until probably September (appx 6 months) and then we'll seek assistance from a dr, do fertility tests, etc. but hopefully we'll get a BFP much sooner than that!

Lots of :dust: to you hun xxx

Im stopping bcp at the end of this month, will wait to get my proper period then will be ntnp until our holiday in August, if nothing has happened by then, then we'll be ttc properly after that xxx

Porkypig: Good luck with the NTNP once BC is finished & fingers crossed you'll get your BFP not long after :dust:

I'm really glad we have this thread, it's really interesting for me to see people in similar situations to myself.

We are NTNP at the moment, in that we are sort of trying to avoid it, but not taking any active measures and if we did get pregnant we'd be pleased. DH and I both want children so I'd be happy if it did happen. I think in about a year or so if I'm not pregnant we'll look at TTC.

Good luck Housewife83 with the NTNP and loads of :dust: for a BFP soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->