How long till FRERs fade?

Livvy

Reaction score
Hi all, mostly just a curiosity question here. I started bleeding heavily on Saturday at 5+3 and passed a massive clot in the middle of the night. Still bleeding a lot 3 days later. I know hcg levels take a while to go down after a mc, but I'm just curious how soon pregnancy tests would begin to fade. Thanks for any responses. Xx

I was told they could start going down in a few days - But right up until yesterday I had a lot of bleeding and my pregnancy tests were still very strong positives. They removed the 'pregnancy sac' and any 'pregnancy tissue' they could find yesterday in the hospital, so that would be why my tests would go negative.

I was told as long as there is pregnancy tissue left, a test will come back positive. They also said to test in 2 weeks as if it's still positive then, they'll need to have a closer look and remove any they can find.

So! I would say after 2 weeks it should definitely be negative.

are you in any pain? Or just the heavy bleeding? And have you seen your doctor?

Sorry you're going through this :flower:

Thanks destiny, not much pain but did have wicked cramps the middle of the first night and passed a large clot shortly after, so 99% sure baby is gone. Went for bloodwork yesterday so we'll see.

It took 4 and a half weeks for me to get a negative frer after my last mc. I was 5 weeks pregnant. Xo

Mine were negative about 2.5 weeks after taking cytotec at 8+1. Shortly after I stopped spotting. The reminder will be gone soon enough :hugs:

It took me 2 weeks to get a negative test after my miscarriage. But it was a strong positive then 3 days after being diagnosed with a completed miscarriage and a week of bleeding, then a week of no bleeding (I caught the fact I was pregnant the week of no bleeding) then a week of bleeding again I had a negative test. I'm sorry you're going through this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->