How long was your stay after an elective C-Section?

MrsD

Reaction score
Just wondering for the ladies who have had an elective C-Section in the past how long your stay in hospital was?

Had a midwife ap today and asked her and she said...

'ohhh most probably only one night, maybe 2 tops'

Don't get me wrong I'm not wanting to be in there for a week in fact I couldn't wait to get out after having my son but I have a two year old at home and one night seems so soon to be coming home after having an operation. I thought it would be 2/3 nights, although I've never had an operation before so maybe one night will be fine. :thumbup:

5 days with DS1 ~ Emcs (Uk)
3 days with DS2 ~ semi elective csection (Uk)
less than 24 hours with DD ~ elective csection (Uk)
4 days with DD2 ~ elective csection (in Australia)

I think if you explain to your midwifes your not quite ready to go home, they will keep you in an extra night :flower:

I was told that at my hospital they only keep patients in for three days. This hospital seems very different from the one I delivered at before. This hospital likes patients to be up and going rather in bed.

I had my ELCS on the Friday morning and was home on the Sunday, early afternoon. It would've been Sunday morning but they lost my discharge prescription :dohh:

Ive been told to get there on the Monday and if all is ok out on the Wednesday. When I had DS 11 years ago I was in for a week! How times change.

7 days but I had an EMCS and both me and my boy were poorly x

I had mine on the Monday, came home late on the Thursday. Because we lost Joshua, they would of discharged me the Tuesday afternoon, but I was in no state to be going home. Plus, I live in a 1st floor apartment and couldn't face stairs x

I went in at 7pm on Wednesday night and discharged myself at 7pm the following night. My care in hospital was really bad, and i felt i was better off at home with help.

I had my baby at 2pm on a Thursday, was out by 11am on the Saturday

I had LO on Xmas eve by planned c section at 37 weeks and lost alot of blood, but was discharged over night on my 2nd night and went home in the morning on the 3rd day. It was also really quiet, with lots of free beds, so definately not a space issue. X

i was discharged in 24 hours. there wasnt a space/staff problem, i was up and walking about the same day and by the next morning i was fine. just had painkillers, my surgeon came to see me and he saw how great i felt (i think my pregnancy was so hard, that i felt very releived) so he sent me home

After 2 days i was asked if i wanted to go home but i could have stayed as long as i wanted. Coming home to a cuddley toddler was quite hard! xxx

yeah my midwife said about two nights at the most, no longer than three days if you heal well, it depends I guess on whether you had an emcs or an elective and how well your baby and your own health are doing as well.

I went in Friday morning and by sunday morning they said I could've gone home. Didn't want to though..so I asked if I could stay an extra day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->