How long were you with your OHs before you got engaged?

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
As the title says really. Just curious (& nosey)!! OH & i have only been together 9 months, but it just feels different to either of my previous long term relationships, i just know hes The One!!

How long did it take your OH to pop the question?

3 days:thumbup: it's our 21st wedding anniversary tomorrow:happydance:

3 days:thumbup: it's our 21st wedding anniversary tomorrow:happydance:

Thats amazing!!!! :) How utterly fabulous. People tell me im mad after 9 months to feel this way about my OH, your a perfect example that when you know "you know"!! & even if it moves quick, it can be SO right!! Congrats!! <3

13 months. My parents got engages after 6 months. Married 3 months later and 23 years later are still going strong. :)

About a year I think.

I had moved in after 3 weeks, pregnant by 3 months (not planned), engaged after a year (ish), married 2 years after getting together.

Just over a year-- literally the moth after we celebrated our 1yr together. I knew by 6mos though (if not earlier)- it took time for us both to "let down our walls" after our past failed relationships (plus, we'd both been single for a LONG time when we met)... but I think that actually helped us- cause we knew what we wanted. Plus, we just "fit" better than anyone else I've been with.... on all levels.

When we talked about moving in- I simply said, I'm not going to be a live in girlfriend. So if you want to move forward you need to know that- and he proposed 3mos after I moved in ;) Married 6mos later! And 6 wedding anniversares later, we are still happy :) Not all day ever day! :haha: But we are lucky to have found one another!

Four years and still waiting.

Has he shown any indication that he'll ask? Perhaps he feels 9 months is too soon? Hope he asks soon anyway, hopefully he won't keep you waiting :)

Has he shown any indication that he'll ask? Perhaps he feels 9 months is too soon? Hope he asks soon anyway, hopefully he won't keep you waiting :)

We joke about it, but neither of us are "wedding" people, or thats what i thought! I told him marriage wasnt top of my prioritys, but the more time i spend with him, the more i want to say my vows!! Eeeek.

Just the other day, i called him by his surname (Mr. Blah), & he said "dont lie to me, what just went through your head, did you just say "Rebecca Blah" in your mind?" & i said "yeh!!" So he knows i think about it, he could hear the cogs whirring!!

Has your OH shown any signs of proposing?Do you want to get married?

4 years & then engaged for 6 years finally getting married in just over 2 week :happydance: xx

Nearly 4 years, just got engaged last month and its our 4th anniversary next month.

When we get married we will have been together for five and a half years x

We joke about it, but neither of us are "wedding" people, or thats what i thought! I told him marriage wasnt top of my prioritys, but the more time i spend with him, the more i want to say my vows!! Eeeek.

Just the other day, i called him by his surname (Mr. Blah), & he said "dont lie to me, what just went through your head, did you just say "Rebecca Blah" in your mind?" & i said "yeh!!" So he knows i think about it, he could hear the cogs whirring!!

A proposal could be imminent then :D

He did ask me but he took it back (who does that?!) and he then later said he wasn't even sure why he asked. I want to get married but he doesn't. I have doubted our relationship because of it. :shrug:

3 months...and we were still in high school LOL! People all thought we were nuts. we've now been together about 14 years, married 12 yrs. When you know, you know I guess.

A proposal could be imminent then :D

He did ask me but he took it back (who does that?!) and he then later said he wasn't even sure why he asked. I want to get married but he doesn't. I have doubted our relationship because of it. :shrug:

He took it back?? After you said yes?? What?! Why?! Hope you dont mind me asking chick.

5 months. We were 16/17. :blush:
Got married 2 years later and going on year 6 now. :cloud9:

About 4 months. Been married 3 years this year :)

Just under 7 years.... lol...

Tbh there were a loyal of other reasons why we didn't get engaged sooner, we both knew pretty much straight away that each other were the one and he knew I wanted to get married. I think what changed it a bit was seeing a few people get married and thinking that he wanted that for us and that he wants us to all have the same surname. Plus with his ltd income it took a while for him to save for a ring. The past 2 years I had referred to us as engaged to be engaged!

5 years lol but we got together at 17 and I wanted to finish uni and wait until we could actually set a date. We're together 12 years this year.

If we'd gotten together in our 20s it probably would have been 1-2 years

I wonder how Cheryl Cole will get on.

6 years, but we got together young so weren't really in a position to get married before then

After about 15 months? I was only 18 though (17 when we got together).

We didn't get married for a further 8 years though!! Will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary this year :)

2 years with my DH before he popped the question. My mum and dad were only together 6 mths when he proposed and they've been married 47 years and my friend got engaged on her 3rd date, married 3 mths later and 3.5 yrs down the line they have a baby girl and are more in love than ever. So it can work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->