How long were you with your OHs before you got engaged?

15 months. But we found out we we're 2 months pregnant after 6 months together. Lol

Been together 8 years and he hasnt asked, he knows not to as I would say no, I have never wanted the whole wedding thing it just dosent appeal :flower:

Me neither :) I'm happy for the two of us to run away to Vegas, a quick ceremony and then a lovely holiday. Sod the whole 'wedding do thing' :lol: Has eloping not appealed to you either?

Never really thought about that tbh, but I'm happy as we are :)

6 months, pregnant a month later, married at 34w pregnant!

We were together just over 2 years before we got engaged, I made it quite clear I wasn't willing to spend years waiting for him to pop the question though! We married about a year and a half after getting engaged.

Just under six weeks. I had just turned 18, we got married a year later (and had a baby in that time too :wacko: ). We have been married ten years in two weeks time.

Me and OH had been friends for years before getting in a relationship. We moved in after a month and had been together 4 months when we got engaged. We had been together almost 2 years when we got married and together almost 3 years when LO was born :)

4 years. We got together at 19 and got engaged at 23, married at 24. My family is big advocate for live together first and we got married when both of us finished studying. I knew he was one strait away and I feel we married right time as we were able to have wedding we wanted and didn't need to stress about paying for it

Me and OH have been together almost 7 years and are not engaged have have no plans to be anytime soon

Both me and OH feel the same way about long engagements and we wouldn't wanna have to do a wedding on the cheap so we have decided to wait from even getting engaged until we can afford it.

Neither of us are in a rush we are perfectly happy the way we are and tbh I'm not really sure I completely understand the marriage thing sadly I don't think it means the same thing as it used to. So many marriages end badly :(

We had been together 4.5 years when we got engaged. We were engaged almost 18 months before we married in a small registry office wedding with 11 people there. We have been married almost 3 years and together 9. I was 18 when we met.

We were together 7 years before but we got together at 18 so pretty young!

DH and I became friends in '03, decided to have a long distance relationship in '05. Moved up here in '09, and he popped the question in '12. So altogether, we'd known each other for 9 years, were in a relationship for 4 years long-distance, and then lived together for 3 years before we got engaged.

From the point of marriage onwards (pretty much on the dot), we'd been together "in person" for longer than we'd been dating long distance for. :) It was pretty neat.

Everyone balked when I told them how long we'd been together before getting married (altogether 7 years). People kept telling me that was a long time to just be dating for and that he better put a ring on it, but we were only kids when we started talking, so I feel like it hardly counts. I think we got married at an appropriate time for us.

Engaged after 4 weeks together and married 5.5 months after that. Celebrating 4 years of marriage in September.

Well we've been together five years! However I've always said I don't want to get married. (I also said I didn't want kids - but look what happened there!)

i know he was going to propose earlier this year - he was hinting around a lot. I casually dropped in that I'd prefer he waited until next year as we have a lot going on at the moment! x

We were together 15 months before getting engaged, married 14 months later xx

2 years when we got engaged and married just before we had been together 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->