How long were you with your OHs before you got engaged?

18 months. He proposed to me as he handed me our newborn daughter ❤️

It took 8 looong years of waiting (and actually coming to terms with it never happening!) Then he oh so romantically took me by total surprise by proposing under the Eiffel tower when we were at the Christmas markets!
We got married just less than a year later, we'll have been very happily together for 11 years in September and married for 2 in November!

We got together March 04 and got engaged Dec 06 (also found out we were expecting DD1 in Dec 06) but we're still not married. TBH marriage isnt a big thing for either of us but i'm going to double barrel my name hopefully later in the year x

We're together almost 3 years but he says not until I'm out of college which is another 2 years.

Four years and still waiting.

Has he shown any indication that he'll ask? Perhaps he feels 9 months is too soon? Hope he asks soon anyway, hopefully he won't keep you waiting :)

We joke about it, but neither of us are "wedding" people, or thats what i thought! I told him marriage wasnt top of my prioritys, but the more time i spend with him, the more i want to say my vows!! Eeeek.

Just the other day, i called him by his surname (Mr. Blah), & he said "dont lie to me, what just went through your head, did you just say "Rebecca Blah" in your mind?" & i said "yeh!!" So he knows i think about it, he could hear the cogs whirring!!

Has your OH shown any signs of proposing?Do you want to get married?

A proposal could be imminent then :D

He did ask me but he took it back (who does that?!) and he then later said he wasn't even sure why he asked. I want to get married but he doesn't. I have doubted our relationship because of it. :shrug:

He took it back?? After you said yes?? What?! Why?! Hope you dont mind me asking chick.

Yeah. We were going through a tough time and he turned round and said I don't want to marry you anymore. Things have been a bit grim since then but slowly getting better. I do bring it up from time to time and I always get the same response. It's Importent to me but not to him. I either got to accept this is how it's going to be or uproot myself and Lo and love back to the uk :shrug:

All of 4 months :haha: but this November will be our 6th anniversary :)

Been together thirteen years and we still aren't engaged lol!!!!

5 years although we were only 17 when we got together, I don't like long engagements so told hubby we could only get engaged when the wedding would actually be imminent lol we married 10 months later and have been married nearly 4 years.

4 years. been married 5 months :) I'm still a skeptic tho it doesn't matter how many "I knew he was the one and we got engaged 10 minutes later" stories I hear. I always just think they got lucky, I still don't think u can know for sure, it's new romance it makes you crazy lol. I still think holding back a few years is the most sensible course of action for anyone... aint I a party pooper lol. This isn't to belittle anyones amazing love story btw.... just my opinion and i'm glad it does work out for people :)

He asked me when he was drunk after 6 months.

He officially proposed with a ring nearly 2 years in to our relationship and we're looking at getting married in 2016.

Incidentally I was previously engages to my ex. He prI posed after 6 years and we were both miserable - it was a "band aid" proposal. We cancelled our wedding, broke up and I met my current OH. And we're much happier!

We got engaged after about 3 years and married on our 4th anniversary but I knew it was the real thing and that we would be married sooner or later by about 6 months.

7 years for us! Hoping to get married 2016 when we'll have been together 10 years xx

About 18 months in, were married 6 months later. Will be 3 years next month!!

We knew from about 3 months in :)

4.5 years. I actually expected him to propose on our 5th anniversary so I was shocked when he did so six months early. We have been together nearly 9 total now.

I had gotten married previously when I was 20 to someone I only knew for 2 weeks. It didn't work out but it was a crazy adventure and I don't regret it.

I'm still waiting :( been together almost 3 years, but I knew he'd be the man i'd marry after 1 month together...hint hint OH get a move on :winkwink: :lol:

Nearly 4 years but we were young, we had a 16 month engagement, I was nearly 22 when we got married and we have just celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary and 10 years together.
Xx

We've been together for 3 years and 6 months and to be honest, I wasn't expecting the proposal any time soon.

In a serious relationship for almost 3 yrs and I proposed to him as I knew he wouldn't do it for ages!!! We have been engaged just over a yr now and we are getting married in august 2015.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->