How long were you with your OHs before you got engaged?

9 months - and we married 8 months after that, so we were less than 18m from meeting to married! :blush:

We told each other we loved each other on our first proper date so it wasn't a shock! lol

Been together 8 years and he hasnt asked, he knows not to as I would say no, I have never wanted the whole wedding thing it just dosent appeal :flower:

Been together 8 years and he hasnt asked, he knows not to as I would say no, I have never wanted the whole wedding thing it just dosent appeal :flower:

Me neither :) I'm happy for the two of us to run away to Vegas, a quick ceremony and then a lovely holiday. Sod the whole 'wedding do thing' :lol: Has eloping not appealed to you either?

DH proposed on our 1 year anniversary :)

We met on 1st June 2001
We started dating on 14th July 2001
We got engaged on 19th October 2001
We moved in together on 16th December 2002
I found out I was pregnant on 13th January 2005
We got married 2nd April 2005
Baby number 1 born 25th September 2005
Baby number 2 born 14th August 2007
Baby number 3 born 24th September 2009
Baby number 4 born 10th July 2013

That's our timeline lol

We'd been together just over 2 years when he proposed. We got married about 2 years later.

About 3 1/2 years before he asked me to marry him, got married 3 years later and coming up to 6 months of marriage :)

we decided to get married when we had been together for 2 years 4 months and we got married on holiday just the two of us at 2 years 9 months :)

12 month then engaged 12 months and been married 5 years.

I was 20 but the whole you know business was deff true for us.

3 and half years. Hopefully getting married next year

9 months afer we met we got engaged, it was quick but we both just knew from very early on that it was right, we got married 10 months after getting engaged :hugs:

We got engaged 7 months after we were together, we just kind of knew. We also got married on our 1yr being together and it has been an amazing two years. :)

We've been together 16.5 years and have no plans to get engaged / married. We've spoken about it and neither of us really want to, don't see much point now!
OHs parents' marriage ended very badly which has kind of put him off, and I have never really felt the 'need' to be married (nothing against it, just not for me!)

Together for 1 and a half years...engaged for year....weve been married ten years:)

He proposed after one week. :haha: We've been married three years come this October. Absolutely NO ONE in our families really agreed with it. Can you blame them?? They humored us anyway. I couldn't be happier. These three years have been stressful, but I wouldn't change a thing.

He proposed after one week. :haha: We've been married three years come this October. Absolutely NO ONE in our families really agreed with it. Can you blame them?? They humored us anyway. I couldn't be happier. These three years have been stressful, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Haha skepticism isn't always a bad thing! Though lucky that it worked out for you :) My Mum recently got engaged after 3 weeks, I disapprove but congratulated her anyway. A couple of days later they split :rolleyes: over some daft argument. Then a week later they were back together and engaged again. I said to my OH that we should take bets as to whether she'll make it to the aisle! :lol:

5 and a half years. We knew we wanted to get married..it just took us a while to get around to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->