How long, when and why??

Lisa2701

Reaction score
So..... i was wondering.... How long have we all been WTT??...... When will we be moving to TTC???.....and if we don't mind sharing...why are we all WTT?

I'll go first.

I've been waiting approximately 3 years, i get my implanon out ont he 2nd of december :happydance: so not long now(although it can't come quick enough), and the reason i've been waiting is because my son had a development delay and it was being investigated (turns out he's autistic) and we wanted to get him on the right path and make sure he had everything he needs before venturing into the world of baby number two.

Lisa xx

I have just come back from first tri to WTT after the loss of my babe, Edan at 10 weeks. I am WTT for as long as it takes for my physical and mental health to be back up to scratch. Which could be weeks or months. I guess we will consider it more strongly when I have lost more weight. The hospital said we only need wait a month, but right now, that is the last thing I want.

Hey Lisa :) I'm Sophie, 18 and only been WTT for a few months (since about June-ish, broodiness flicked like a switch :shock:) not gonna be TTC for years yet! Reasons being my age, not financially stable enough for a baby and my OH would NEVER do it now haha!

Hi Lisa :wave:

I came off my pill(BCP) in July to try, but due to other complications I am now having to wait, I have been waiting for 5 months and I now have 4 months 2 weeks and 4 days to go!

The reason I am waiting is due to several things, when I came off my BCP my homones went haywire and I developed a severe anxiety disorder which is now being controlled through medication. I am on the full dose of the meds until the end of December, then I will be on half the dose, and by April I should be off them completely.

I also am having problems with my cycles, I have not had a period since coming off the BCP and so am waiting for some blood results to come back to make sure I have nothing wrong. PCOS etc.

I am also waiting as I also has bloodwork to check to see if I am up to date with my Rubella, if I do require it then I can't actively try for 3 months after it anyway.

So really April is the best time since until them I have a lot stacked against me! :haha:

Hi :) Well we've been waiting for about a year, but broodiness came stronger in May this year (when I joined BnB lol)
I'm moving to TTC in July (i'm hoping) after we get married
We're currently waiting because I'm in Uni and I don't want to be pregnant when we get married so I can drink on our wedding day! Lol. Plus my dress has no room for a bump. Plus once I finish Uni I can get a job, so when we TTC we know I can qualify for SMP.

hi all,

Thank you all for such open and honest replies.

Drazic I am so very sorry about your loss :hugs: I wish you all the best in your future.

I was 18 when i fell pregnant with my son and i got married when i was 6 months pregnant :wacko:(19 by this point) and yes, being pregnant on your wedding night does make for a slightly exhausting day and therefor an "eventless" evening shall we say :blush:. And as much as i ADORE and LOVE my son to bits and wouldn't change anything that has happened with him for the world, certainly in my case, 18 was not an ideal time to be having a baby. But he is still the best thing that has EVER happened to me so glad i did fall pregnant when i did!

Plutosblue, I am sorry to hear about Anxiety disorder, this believe or not is another thing i understand a great deal as i have suffered from depression/anxiety sine the age of 15 (although MUCH better in recet years) and i sincerely hope you are feeeling better soon and that everything works out for April.

Lisa xx :hugs:

Thanks Lisa :hugs:

Yeah I have always been high strung but 2 weeks after coming off my pill I just went nuts, my poor OH was worried he was going to have to section me :rofl:

I am fine now, actually I feel better than I have done in years thanks to the meds so hopefully I stay that way when I come off them! I'm sorry to hear you have suffered as well, its not nice :nope:

My cousin suffers with severe autism. His is 13 now and is the funniest character! He is amazing at art work, I am so envious :haha:

Hope you get your BFP nice as fast with baby number 2, good luck !

:happydance:

Hey, I dont really know how long i've been here just been here since having my girly we're waiting until March as we're getting married in June and although it would be very lucky to be preggers by then, i have to fit into my dress :rofl:

hiya

im WTT after a m/c earlier this month...hoping to TTC in a few years, im only 17 so i want to finish uni and be able to support my baby first..plus OH is studying medicine and needs a few years to establish himself :)

x

I feel like I have been WTT since I was about 19 (I am nearly 24 now) but properly I became really really broody after we got married in April this year.

We agreed beforehand we would give it 1 whole year of being married before we would consider TTC - and also my little brother is getting married in June and 1. I don't want to be pregnant/not able to drink at his wedding and 2. I don't want to steal his thunder by making a big family announcement around the time of this wedding ~ so on that basis we are waiting until June 5th 2010!!!!!

....(I find it amusing that at their wedding I will probably more excited about the prospect of :sex: than the bride and groom will be on their own wedding night :blush:)

Welcome to BnB though and may your wait here be short and sweet :flower:

Even though I'm 28, the broodiness just hit me about six months ago, but it was like a ton of bricks and now I have a hard time thinking of anything else. I tried to get OH to start TTC right away, but that was a bust so we're TTC in summer of 2011.

:hi: hey hun, im cat 26 have a 4 yr old son and gave birth to my darlin angel kaden 4 weeks ago at 8 months pregnant. I feel i need to pregnant now but i no emotionaly we are not ready, we are also going to turkey september 2010 so we said we wud try then :flower:

hiya,
I have been wtt for probably about a year,although i only found bnb in september.we are wtt to get some money and also go on our amazing holiday,i want to be able to enjoy all the free drink lol.we will be ntnp from may 2010 on the holiday so lets hope we have a holiday baby

Xxxx

hello! i'm amanda and am not really sure how long i've been wtt... but i will be for a few more years. i'm almost 20 (next month) and would like to finish school and have a good job first.. i'd also like to be married by then and have saved a nice amount of money.

my mom had me when she was young and still in highschool, so i want to be financially prepared as much as i can, even if the broodiness kills me :rofl:... i probably have another 5 years give or take a little, but we'll see where life brings me.

my husband wants another im not so sure, one day i do one day i dont, i even tried once but thats all. we have a 7 months baby, i would be fine with not having any more or having another in years but my husband wants one now. so im just considering it, waiting for a sign or something. lol

I've been waiting 27 months. That's when I first started feeling the strong urge to get pregnant. I'm not 20 years old and still waiting. I'm waiting because my OH is not ready to be a father, and I don't know when I get to move to TTC because he has no idea when he'll be ready.

AWw its so nice to hear everyones stories, i'm so glad i found this forum, everyone is so friendly and welcoming and i appreciate it a LOT.

Athough i have wanted a baby now for a few years i have been busy dealing with the little one i have, so i haven't really been obssessing about, just the occassional phase but able to contain myself that it just wasnt' right for us at the time. Now that we have booked in to get contraception removed i can hardly contain myself, its all i think about, and i feel like a kid waiting for x-mas its just isn't happening fast enough!!! I am terrified that its going to take me MONTHS on end to get my BFP so i want to get going, like yesterday! DH is easy osey about it all, yeah he wants another baby but if it doesn't happen over night then thats fine too,where as i'm bursting at the seams trying to contain my excitement, so i think my enthusiasm is driving him mad, and we haven't told anyone in the family so i have no one to talk to about it.

Anyway i'll stop rambling on and look forwards to hearing more stories about everyone.

Lisa xx

Been waiting probably for 18 months, that's when I truely got broody, when I was coming to the end of my final year at Uni. Will most likely be TTC in 2-3 years :) I'm feeling positive, as we have lots to do anyway (teacher training, wedding, move etc).

hello and welcome lisa :wave:
i'm carly, 25 next week (ekk) and mummy to a wonderful daughter maddi born july 2008.
i suppose me and my hubby became broody probably after last xmas, but we wanted a bigger age gap. we've been together over 4years now, and engaged for nearly three, but not married yet, and we so wanted to do this before baby no 2, as we thought money wise, we couldn't do baby no2 + wedding. so amazingly in september we're getting married in disney in florida :cloud9: so we are waiting till then! :happydance: as i suffered awful morning sickness and don't want to be pregnant really in florida! we're also hoping to move, but selling our current property isn't probably the best time, so thats that me :flower:

sorry i've rambled :blush:

I joined bnb when i found out i was pregnant, my boyfriend dumped me when i told him and i found a lot of support here and information on what to expect i guess.Im wtt now since Rowan passeds away.Im single so thats the first hurdle, the second being the fact that im 18.I was never broody before and always thought id maybe adopt when im in my late 30s if at all but all thats changed since i realised how amazing it is.I guess i found my purpose earlier than i though and suprising as it was to me that was to be a mommy.I'll be waiting years probably at least 5 :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->