How long, when and why??

It so nice that everyones being so open and honest:hugs:. I am really enjoying reading about all your stories. Keep em coming girls. :flower:

Lisa :hugs:

Well, We are WTT until next month. We've been WTT since our DD was born 2.5 years ago.

I have along history of problems that has effected us both mentally. DS wasbron when I was 22 but I had 2 miscarriages at 12 & 14 weeks before I had him. I had emergency surgery and told there was no way he'd survive, I spent 22 weeks in hospital with Hyperemesis after it became apparent he had definately survived and fighting strong with all those hormones making me so ill. I was in a high dependancy unit with my kidney's failing and being fed through a port close to my heart as my stomach tolerated nothing, not even my own saliva. It sounds horrific, but I had a healthy baby put into my arms at 40 weeks + 2 days perfect weight, perfect everything.

I miscarried again twins, the first at 8w and the second 12 weeks before I became pregnant with my daughter. We were in America at the time as my husband was working there but I was beginning to get ill again and so I returned home to the Uk to be admitted to hospital and so that my parents could take care of DS and DH could continue with work. He left the states when I was 36 weeks and returned home for good and proposed. DD was born at 40w +6d in a hurry.

We put off ttc until we were married. We got married in May this year but my DH won a scholarship of his full to return to the states to do research. We also found out that DS has Aspergers Syndrome which has required a lot of attention to get him started into therapies and set up resources in school for him. We had the Mirena taken out so I could get my body into good ttc shape :D we have to put off ttc until next month so I can fly and not be left behind.

That is were we are. I've given up work, I'm taking folic, doing yoga, good diet, plenty of exercise, could do with shifting about 8lbs and enjoying my wonderful children.

Sorry for the long post.

I am waiting until I have finished my bachelor(well maybe a bit early ) but until I am further ahead in Uni so I hope I can getting on the train in late 2010 early 2011, (although I have a feeling like I am taking abit longer to study then the normal planned 2011) anyway thats the roguh plan.

Well, ive been WTT for as long as ive been with OH, which is about 5 months i wasn't really bothered about kids before i met OH, but he's turned me around to the idea so i want some with him :)

I think we'll start TTC either when i finish college which will be next year, or in 2012 when ill be 23 and he'll be 22..But we're still unsure..It might be sooner or later, but we we're thinking about getting our own place together and then trying but then we're not that financially stable..Well he has a job and i dont and im still at college, i think i want a stabler job before i get pregnant but if it was to happen unexpectedly i dont think id complain :laugh2:

I have been waiting for about 2 years, its been over a year since i joined this site.
Still got 1 yr 8 months to go before TTC!!! AGES

Me and OH have decided to wait till we get married!

xx

We are waiting...waiting...waiting. We need a new house which will be next year hopefully, but with OH being made redundant, we need to wait until he has a new job and has been working three months for mortgage purposes. After that, who knows? OH wants to be able to provide for me so me and our future Booflings want for nothing - he is broody but much better at being able to keep it in check! Although he did bring up baby names yesterday so he does think about it, bless him xxx

I've been waiting all my life... I am waiting because I am far too young to have kids now :cry: Haven't really got a time frame but I think it'll be about 5/6 years at least... It's so hard and I'm sure OH is getting annoyed with me but I can't turn my feelings off. It's getting to the point were my broodiness is seriously starting to depress me and I feel like crying most of the time out of frustration, and am constantly hoping for an accident. I just live in hope that some day something will click and I'll be able to live my life and enjoy it while I can... :shrug:

Hi girls,

I totally hear everyone about the fact that the waiting is just awful. I only have to wait untill next week and yet i think knowing how close i am to moving to TTC has actually made me worse! I am obsessive now. I am glad we my OH and i didnt' set a date years in advance as i think i'd be at the point of a breakdown by now if we had.

When we brought DS home from hosptial as a tiny baby we swore we'd have another when he was 2 years old... but 2 years old came a lot quicker than we expected and we knew in ourself that we were not ready to bring another baby into the equation. So we set our goals to when he was 3...and at that point we had noticed that DS wasn't your "average" child should we say. It has taken us since then untill July this year to discover that DS has autism. However, i believe he is high functioning and coming on in leaps and bounds since his diagnosis (perhaps its just that we now know how to help him to a degree), and he is now 5 and at school so we though that now is a good time as my health is better, our situation is good, we know whats going on with DS so have got things in place to support him and i'll have time when he is at school to spend one to one with baby number 2 and DS can get one to one time in the evening.

I know things don't always work to plan but thats ours for the time being lol.

Lisa xx

I diddn't want children up until about four years ago, it's strange that i changed my mind so quickly about it because now i would like a family more then anything.
I've got the best part of two years to wait yet, we both refuse to bring a baby into the world without having our own home (preferably), being free of debt and us both having well paid jobs, It's not fair to bring a LO into the world without these basic things.

I can't wait for a LO!! It's going to be a once (or twice) in a life time situation.

Hurry up December 2011/Jan 2012!!

Hmmm...why are we waiting? I'm less sure everyday. DH and I are both in school (He's Ph.d and I'm in Law School, just finished Ph.D). So here are the reasons to wait: small salaries, bills we want to pay, debt, we rent). On the flip, we're 30, I have finished school and could get a job, and he's nearly done. Our rent is super cheap for a huge space, so we may actually stay once we're ttc and save money. Our debt will likely be with us for longer than we're going to wtt given our age, and once we finish school, we'll likely want to jump right into careers. Part of me just feels like waiting is selfish at this point, and it might actually be better to just take the plunge. I am starting to wonder when is waiting for the right moment too long? What counts as basic needs? This of course is not made any better by the fact that it feels like the world is passing me by....(the latest: my SIL (12 yrs younger) just popped up preggers). So while my hubby and I are waiting to get it together, we are like the kids, and all of our younger siblings/cousins, are the grown-ups. While I'm happy with the nieces, though I wish their mom's would have waited to finish school or have OHs they can depend on, all the babies are making me even more ready than usual. Sucks..oh well...wtt continues.

We're waiting until June 2010, so about another 6 months! :thumbup: We always said we want 2 children and have always planned to have roughly a 2 year age gap, I had a traumatic labour and ended up in SCBU with Max for 4 weeks, this has made me a bit wary of going through another labour quite so soon :wacko: But nonetheless I am stupidly excited and cannot wait for Max to be a big brother :cloud9:

We are waiting purely because we want to let Max gain a bit more independence and enjoy him on his own for a while longer :D

:hugs:

We are waiting purely until OH is a little more ready which will also give us some time to sae a few extra pennies. We will be trying "sometime" next year, but whether it'll be towards the beginning or the end I don't know :shrug:

i've got 2 children,ds is 13 this friday(omg where has the time gone) and dd is 10.me and oh have always thought about how lovely it would be to have more but we never took the plunge....then last sept i fell pregnant(unplanned)wow i couldn't believe it,esp as my other 2 were planned.i felt happy,excited,scared all these emotions running around.....then i miscarried at 7 weeks.i was totally blown away,never thought it would happen to me,completely gutted esp as i'd just told the children about a week before it had happened:cry:

since then we've seriously thought it through about having more and we feel it's now or never esp as i'm getting older(30 this dec),i know thats not really old but for me personally i don't want to be any older.

so we've decided to start ttc next february:flower:and i'm so excited i can hardly wait.........at the moment i'm trying to lose a few lbs and get into good shape ready for my exciting year ahead...........................:happydance::happydance:

Hi hun. We haven't been WTT for long (our little girl is only 4 and a half months old) we are waiting because of this reason and we are waiting that long as that is when we will be ready.

I feel like I'v been waiting all my life. I remember being asked as a child what I wanted to be when I grow up and I said a Mommy. In all seriousness though, I'v been actively pursuading my husband for about 3 years now. He was just not in the right state of mind at the time (men so selfish lol). I put it on the back burner when we both joined the Army Reserve. So it actually kinda threw me for a loop when my hubby brought the subject up one night. He just outright said he wants to have a baby and that he has been thinking about it for a week or so and he wants to know what I think. I just kinda sat there dumbfounded. I finally smiled and gave him the biggest hug. It took me what felt like forever to be able to say anything. So now we are wtt until march ish (or sooner if I can't hold out that long). We are both going through this training and that training so come March we will be on a course. But even if we get pregnant right away I should be able to graduate just fine in June. Unfortunatly we know we are not gonna be able to just hop in bed and get pregnant. I'v had irregular periods my entire life. I usually will get about 4-6 periods a year. It's called Oligomenorhea (spelling might be off). I also do not ovulate when I do have a period. So I have Annovulatory cycles. I'v been to the doctor about it all before and he just said it was nothing to worry about until I was ready to have babies. So in my wtt time I'm going to see the Dr and start the preconception checkups and hopefully get some fertility answers before ttc. The wait is practically killing me and my husband.

Well, We've been WTT since September after a possible Missed miscarriage the Doctor said. sure The reason we are now waiting is because I'm 17 he's 18 both in school. We are living at his parents house and will most likely TTC after we move out in like 2 years and he has a stable job and is done with school. We are not emotionally ready to start a family of our own no matter how badly we both want one together there is just too much stresses with his mom just being diagnosed with cancer and my grandpa just getting out of the hospital.

I'm WTT till i'm 18 nearly 19 if i'm still with my OH. So i'll be waiting another 2/3 years. Reason for TTC so soon, is because OH will be 22/23 and my dad is ill and we're not sure how long he has left so i want him to see his grandchild before he goes if possible.
Oh and i'm waiting till i've finished college and got a second job as a teaching assistant. Goin to try and hold down two jobs if poss. :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->