How long, when and why??

Can't really say how long I've been WTT - really wanted children all my life and it just seems to be getting stronger as I get older... Also can't say when I'll be TTC (lol how awkward am I?! :D), except to say that it'll be at least 7 years, because it depends on so, so many things - the reasons why I'm WTT! I couldn't possibly list them all but the main things are: I'm only 16; not yet found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with - they have to be *very* special!; I want to be a paediatrician so need to do uni and medical training first; need to be financially stable etc etc etc
So it's going to be a looooooong wait for me! The thing is though, that the best things in life are worth waiting for, and I can't think of anything better than the miracle that is children :flower: However much I want children RIGHT NOW, I know that it's better to wait until everything's in place, to give the people I'll love most in the world the best lives possible :)
lol essay much?! ^
:flower: xx

I've been broody for almost 3 years now (great way to start uni! :dohh:) and have been waiting to try since then. We're getting married on April 7th 2010 and will be ntnp from around about then (possibly just before, as soon as the withdrawal bleed from the pill stops and I don't start another pack!!). I would prefer to have a job by then, and will probably consider postponing if I don't, but it depends on how I'm feeling then. A part of me is starting to think that my broodiness is impeding my ability to look for work successfully as there has to be something working against me and I'm constantly being told by the people who are supposed to be helping me find work that I'm doing everything right and that they don't understand why I've not got a job yet!!!:dohh:

Beca :wave:

Oops, I posted earlier but forgot to include the reason for WTT. We're about $40,000 in debt right now, so we're waiting until we have at least a good chunk of that paid off, and some emergency funds.

Hi all,

Its sooo nice to hear everyones stories and reasons for waiting. I have to take my hat off to you's ladies that have been waiting long term. Although i have wanted baby #2 for years we never set a time for it, just kept coming up in coversation but put down to just the wrong time, every six months or so. Finally my son went to school and someone ask me what was i gonna do with myself and all my free time.... and i laughed and said "well just have to start again and have another baby, that'll sure fill my day" and over a few months DH spoke about it and decided yeah in actual fact it was a good time. So now i have a date of implanon removal i have tunred into some obsessed crazy lady! :blush:

Well i'll stop rambaling...again.... but i hope to hear more about you lovely ladies out there :flower:

:flower:Lisa :flower:

I've only been WTT for a few months now. Never really thought about having kids, then my "clock" started ticking. We will be TTC in a few months. Need to wait for my maternity insurance to kick in.

I'm like a few others here, broodyness suddenly started a few months ago and I am finding it difficult to focus on much else! I'm 24 and my dh is 30.
For some reason, I'm determined to be at least 26 when my first baby is born, but no older than 28, assuming of course that we have no problems...
I'm fairly career minded and also have a few health issues so taking everything into account I would love to start TTC september/october 2010 but to be honest we will just have to wait and see how things are by then!
My two sisters were 21 and 23 when they had their first so they think we should be getting a move on, whilst my Mum was 39 when I was born, so thinks we have plenty of years to wait...quite weird to have both sides of the story !

Hi Lisa :wave:

I came off my pill(BCP) in July to try, but due to other complications I am now having to wait, I have been waiting for 5 months and I now have 4 months 2 weeks and 4 days to go!

The reason I am waiting is due to several things, when I came off my BCP my homones went haywire and I developed a severe anxiety disorder which is now being controlled through medication. I am on the full dose of the meds until the end of December, then I will be on half the dose, and by April I should be off them completely.

I also am having problems with my cycles, I have not had a period since coming off the BCP and so am waiting for some blood results to come back to make sure I have nothing wrong. PCOS etc.

I am also waiting as I also has bloodwork to check to see if I am up to date with my Rubella, if I do require it then I can't actively try for 3 months after it anyway.

So really April is the best time since until them I have a lot stacked against me! :haha:

Result on my bloods = Normal :happydance:

Guess I'm just odd lol

Hiyaa,

Good thread...

Well... Ive been wating for around 1 year now... I thought I was only going to be waiting until the summer, but OH has said he wants to be married first, and I can sort of see his point. It'll give me chance to:
1) finish of Uni
2) Get a career
3) Enjoy life a bit.

xxx

Hi, :)

When i joined BNB it was when we were TTC! Then health problems arrived (No AF for a year!) so i didnt actually know if i was 'working' Lol. Anywhoo, were currently WTT as i have suspected Endometriosis!! We were hoping to TTC in the new year, but now its depending when my LAP OP is.

Im 19, so is my fiance. We just brought a beautiful 3 bedroomed house so im concerntrating on moving into that at the moment!! :)

I've been WTT for about 11 months after a m/c. Reasons for waiting are: we're only 17, I want to finish uni (OH his apprenticeship) and live together for a while before. We'll be waiting around 2/3 years, but at the latest 2014.

I have been waiting to try for only a few months so far. I had my first child this year in Feb so he is now 9 months old. Planned on trying for baby #2 when current LO turns 1. I am 35 right now so i dont feel as if i have much time to wait around. We will be moving over to TTC section in Feb 2010.

I have been waiting to try for about 2 years I suppose. But together, my husband and I agreed to wait (with major persuasion on his part) until we had been married for at least a year. In his words to 'enjoy life together.' We are also waiting for financial reasons. this is the one that allows me to remain sane. I know our child would be better off if we waited until DH was a bit more established in his new job..

I think the best way for us to enjoy life together would be through our child's eyes.

We got married 4 months ago, but he has agreed to start at the beginning of the summer, instead of the end, so we have a 6 1/2 months to go. the wait is excruciating. I have never wanted anything more than to be a mother. I really hope I am able one day.

Hi all,

AWW its all so exciting really isn't it. Although i agree with runnergrl that the wait is definately excruciating. I totaly admire everyone waiting to go through uni / get married etc first, i always planned on uni but then fell pregnant before i got to go..... but i am still young so i might do it in a few years, just means i've done things back to front lol.

Plutosblue I am so happy that your bloods have come back normal:happydance:, i hope this means you have lots of success in your future with ttc :flower:.

Lisa xx :hugs:

HI!!

Ive been wtt since about june! My oh and me only had a 1 bedroom flat so had to sell up and get ourselfs a house! So the 3 bedroom is now almost finished YAY moving in Dec 15th! And i needed to shift some weight before ttc!
xx

Hiya, been WTT since my boy was about 8 months old. The reasons are that my DH isn't having any of it!! So I need to convince him. My little boy was born July 08 so I would like to wait a little while but not too long. I am hoping to TTC summer 2010. I have to work on hubby!

Hi, we planned out our TTC date in September of 2008, we compromised and said we would wait a year after we got married. So I have been currently waiting over a year already, and we have a little over a month to go until we start trying. I can't believe how fast that time has gone already! I hope everyone else's time goes just as fast:)

Im waiting until Sept 3rd 2010!! Im clearing off as much debt as poss and saving as much as poss,and overpaying mortgage as much as poss so Im in the best position poss for baby no2!! I always wanted to children with roughly a 3 yr gap... And I have 2 hols booked in 2010,2nd being 3rd Sept, and I soooo do not fancy another preggers holiday as its not fun :)

Although I've known for quite a while that I want kids "one day", it's only been this year that the broodiness really hit me and that I realised I wanted a baby soon. I guess the combination of turning 30 and being made redundant earlier this year made me start thinking about what I really want.

Anyway, I've been "officially" WTT (i.e. since we made a definitely decision to put a timeframe to starting a family) for 6 months.

I have about 6 weeks left until we officially start TTC at the beginning of Jan (though from the temping I've been doing, it's likely I won't be fertile until mid-Jan - and not sure I could get him to try as early as mid-Dec to catch the cycle before).

Am waiting because DH wanted to. He wanted a few months to get used to the idea and for us to have a last 6 months of just enjoying being the two of us. So excited that we're nearly there now!!!

Kx

We have been officially waiting for a couple of weeks now and plan to continue waiting until at least June 2011. We will then hopefully start TTC from June/July.

The reason why we are waiting until then is because we want to do some travelling first, which we are planning to do next year.

What a great thread idea lol. I'm 20, OH just turned 21. We've been together nearly 2 years and we've both always known we really wanted children :) I've been broody for about 3 or 4 years and OH was never really THAT broody lol, and we kinda assumed we'd TTC in about 5 years or so, but in July I had a m/c and we didn't even know I was pregnant. We both realised how badly we wanted to settle down and we set a TTC date for about 18 months away :D
Waiting so we can get our business started up in January, move out somewhere between March and September, and hopefully get married between March and June 2011! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->