how long will baked goods last?

motherofboys

Reaction score
I was planning on making my grandad and my Mums husband some baked goods like ginger bread men, mince pies and cup cakes or something. I have cellophane bags and then nice little card boxes.
Anyway usually they would visit around the 18th/19th but this year they are coming on the 5th. If I bake on the 3Rd (4th is dh birthday) will they then last until Christmas?

I would say no, I think they would go stale. But they could have them as a pre Christmas treat! xx

Id say no, a few days max and cupcakes go a bit meh

OK thanks, I guess I will just have to tell them to eat them early. They are so difficult to buy for that I don't think I could find something in the next 2 weeks

I'd say they wouldn't keep nice till christmas either. You can freeze mince pies and cupcakes (un iced), not sure about gingerbread. Fruit cake obviously keeps a v long time and isn't too hard to make.

Other ideas that would keep longer - jams, chutneys, sloe gin, flavoured oils, fudge and sweets

Things like fudge, peanut brittle etc.. keep a long time, so do peanut butter balls (in the freezer) as long as it's kept in the fridge .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->