How long will supply last with just 2-3 feedings a day?

scoobydrlp

Reaction score
Looking into the future a little here, but when LO is a year old I'm considering letting her have cow's milk when I'm not around (when she's a daycare or if DH watches her while I'm working) but still breast feeding in the morning when she wakes up and also right before she goes to bed. Maybe when I get home from work too. This is my plan because pumping at work is a HUGE hassle for me. I don't have a desk job where I can just take a break every 3 hours without fail, I really have to sneak my sessions in and it is often at the inconvenience of my coworkers, who I might add have been very understanding about it. I do want my LO to continue to get some breastmilk because of the effects it has on the immune system.

So this leads me to my real question...how long will I still have a sufficient supply if we drop all those daytime feeds/pumps? If we keep up 2 feeds at the same time each day, will that be enough to keep things going?

Yep, your supply should continue indefinitely, your body will naturally adjust. I decided to quit pumping at 12mths too (just too hard). I am still breastfeeding once a day and we've had no issues (even able to add in the occasional night feed or extra days when DS has been unwell).

Thomas only nursed twice per 24 hours from 13 months and I never noticed there being a lack of milk for him. We only stopped as I was pregnant with Sophie and had an aversion to nursing.

Yay!! Thanks ladies, this makes me feel so much better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->