How long?

MummaMoo

Mum to my gorgeous girl!
Reaction score
Had baby on Tuesday, been breast feeding and now the milk has come down, my boobs feel solid and are really heavy and painful - was just wondering how long this will last for, and any advice on easing the discomfort?0

Plenty of feeding should help and some massaging. It should only last a couple of days as long as your lo is feeding often. Congrats :flower:

Thank you,

Yeah she's feeding every other hour or so, with a longer gap in the afternoons. Thanks for that reassurance, don't think I could put up with cannonball boobs for much longer!!

Thanks Candy, I was wondering if that would do anything.

My breasts where enormous after delivery it took them 3 months go get used to the amount of milk my baby really needed. If you pump don't pump them empty all the time, that way your breast will make more as they think more is needed. Taking a shower and hand express some milk there helps a lot ! xxxx

Thank you ladies, you were right - after some practice pumping, warm baths and the usual nursing, boobs are feeling much better, and now the good stuff really has started flowing, nice and creamy and little Sophie is still out for the count 4 hours after last time on the breast:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->