How Long

Joseph spent a total of 70 days on the unit, during which time he was ventilated for a day, and on CPAP for about 4 days. He had numerous sessions of phototherapy and a blood transfusion.

His main gripe was feeding and oxygen sat.:thumbup:

Joseph spent a total of 70 days on the unit, during which time he was ventilated for a day, and on CPAP for about 4 days. He had numerous sessions of phototherapy and a blood transfusion.

His main gripe was feeding and oxygen sat.:thumbup:

Not far different from the twins. they were only ventilated a short time and c-pap short time too!

I was surprised because I was warned that babies born at 29 weeks didnt usually have such a good weight and would need lots of care.

Yep! The docs expected Joseph to be 2lb tops whilst in the delivery room, but he turned out a whopping 2lb 12oz!!! Little chubster!:haha:

1yr and 1 week today! They just grow so fast!!!

Olivia was in nicu for 9 weeks. She was ventilated for 9 days, CPAP for 5 weeks and then low flow o2 until 2 days before she came home. She spent 6 weeks in Intensive care, 4 days in high dependancy and the rest in Special Care. I thought she was never going to move out of ICU!!

She had a PDA, which she was given medication for, the hospital wrote he weight wrong (instead of 1.224kg they wrote 2.124kg) and therefor worked out her medication dose wrong and gave her double the dosage for days!!

She had one blood transfusion, hundreds of As and Bs, and profound desats ( she quite regularly desated to 20% for no reason n we used to be pushed out of the way whilst they bagged her)

She was born with a duplex kidney which she is on antibiotics for for atleast the next 6 months to help prevent infection

I think thats about it! Apart from issues with feeding and desats!

She was born with a duplex kidney which she is on antibiotics for for atleast the next 6 months to help prevent infection

I have a duplex kidney myself was only diagnosed when I was about 12 or so through uhhum continence issues :blush: and recurrent UTI/Kidney infections caused by urine reflux.

As it was undiagnosed for so long I basically had division of the urethrer (sp) and had control over one but not the 'spare' tube and had to train my bladder etc to gain control and have had no problems since and never needed it corrected, a younger cousin had a more difficult variation and had the corrective op at about 10 and has no probs either.

I have suspected scarring on my kidney's which they are unsure weakened my kidneys during preg and may have made my pre-eclampsia worse but this is mainly due to recurrent infections and as Olivia has been diagnosed and on anti-biotics and will have regular check ups, this will not be an issue.

Sorry to ramble on here just thought Id share xx

Rosalie was in SCBU for 4 weeks exactly! She needed no assistance breathing and was in an incubator and on tube feeds for the first 2 weeks she then got weaned off tube feeds (pretty quickly) onto bottles and put in a hot cot which she was in for 3 days then she was placed in that final room in a normal cot. Just had to gain a little more weight and show she was gaining consistently and maintaning her own temp. She came home at 4lb 2oz :cloud9:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->