How Many Attempts?

On Monday, May 21 I had IUI #3 on 50mg clomid cd5-9 and HGC trigger shot with IUI 2 days later.

Wifey and I are using donor sperm and a fertility doc. Liked the idea of at home insemination, but wife was a little bit too squeamish about it :D

We moved the IUI two days earlier in my cycle this month as the last two months the follicles just got too big, so with the change, I have a really great feeling about it!!

Keeping our fingers and toes crossed!! :happydance:

with home insemination everyone seems to say you have to S-l-o-w-l-y inseminate the sperm, but penises don't exactly do it slowly... just sayin'

anyone else used zestica instead of conceive plus? I actually preferred the zestica because it was internal and had a few diff ingredients that are supposed to make the sperm live longer, etc... I can't say it was what made the difference- just curious if others used it and had success.

with home insemination everyone seems to say you have to S-l-o-w-l-y inseminate the sperm, but penises don't exactly do it slowly... just sayin'

anyone else used zestica instead of conceive plus? I actually preferred the zestica because it was internal and had a few diff ingredients that are supposed to make the sperm live longer, etc... I can't say it was what made the difference- just curious if others used it and had success.

Sure I read somewhere it's 10mph when ejaculated!! How does everyone do it? Slowly?

Howdy!

My partner and I just started our first natural (no meds) IUI cycle this month! We are using donor sperm and the help of a fertility clinic. My RE doesn't want to use meds because I have no known fertility issues. Sonograms, lapro, and hsg all came back clear! I went in June 16 for the 10 day baseline sonogram and to have bloodwork... Starting on the 17th we began using OPK at home. On June 19 I went to the Dr. to have another sonogram and to have blood work done. From saturday to tuesday my right side had went from a 17 to a 24 and I also had a follicle on the left that was measuring at 19! Endo lining was good and thick so that was a plus...The lead nurse said to be prepared to come back for insemination within the next couple of days...The office called back later that day to tell me to come in! I did one insemination on June 19th and then went back for another on June 20. Right now I'm 10 dpiui and I'm a nervous wreck! My breast are swollen, head has been hurting, and I've had slight cramping today but that's about it...Total for this cycle has been $3000...(includes price of donor sperm).... Send some baby dust this way please!

Sounds promising, good luck to you! I am remember the feeling of counting the DPO's:flower:

It took us 16 cycles to conceive at home with known donor sperm and an oral med syringe. It really all depends on so many factors. Be prepared to get pregnant AND prepared for it to take a long time then you're ready for anything!:thumbup:

I am 30 and have stage 3 endometriosis so that played a big part of it. Our doctor would NOT put me on Clomid, so it took a while to conceive unassisted. The best things you can do are to learn your body and get the timing down. Good luck!

We did one attempt so far and it failed. So this month will be try number 2 with the same donor. My partner injected the sperm fast and most of it ended up coming out. Doing it slowly prevents it from coming out as much and deposits more. Best of luck to those who are still trying.

We had so much on Saturday 7ml that I put in 3ml then waited a bit then put in the rest as it was way too much!!! Then I slide the softcup in quickly to keep it all in.
On Tuesday we had 3ml, so this time I put it all in in one go. I did it a bit quick and it all came out as fast as it went in. Luckily my softcup was at hand and so I put that just under the entrance and it all ran back in to that!!! Phew!!!!! Might have lost all my little swimmers otherwise!

On Tuesdays go I lined the softcup with conceive plus as I thought might as well coat it so it protects the swimmers and they like it. 1ml inside the wife, 3ml sperm, then softcup in with the stuff that spilled out. Left in 10 hours over night in the morning there was nothing in the cup. There was nothing in the cup on Saturday after the 7ml so I am hoping it all went up there. She ovulated on Tuesday so donation where Sat, Sun and Tuesday as he couldn't do monday. Hoping we timed it right!!!
xx

We had so much on Saturday 7ml that I put in 3ml then waited a bit then put in the rest as it was way too much!!! Then I slide the softcup in quickly to keep it all in.
On Tuesday we had 3ml, so this time I put it all in in one go. I did it a bit quick and it all came out as fast as it went in. Luckily my softcup was at hand and so I put that just under the entrance and it all ran back in to that!!! Phew!!!!! Might have lost all my little swimmers otherwise!

On Tuesdays go I lined the softcup with conceive plus as I thought might as well coat it so it protects the swimmers and they like it. 1ml inside the wife, 3ml sperm, then softcup in with the stuff that spilled out. Left in 10 hours over night in the morning there was nothing in the cup. There was nothing in the cup on Saturday after the 7ml so I am hoping it all went up there. She ovulated on Tuesday so donation where Sat, Sun and Tuesday as he couldn't do monday. Hoping we timed it right!!!
xx

Wow, 7mL?! She's a saint! In the beginning we would get close to 3mL from our donor, then that slowly went down to 2, then eventually 1 or sometimes even a little left. The month that we did conceive, I remember thinking that that we hardly had any and no way was this going to work. :dohh: Well, luckily it did, with less than 1mL. I had used 1mL of preseed about 10 minutes before insemination though, so I think that helps. GOOD LUCK!

1st try for us with IUI. I was living the most healthiest lifestyle, no drinking, no caffeine, no smoking only fruit and veg etc for 2 months before treatment proper detox to prepare my body and I think this helped a lot. Oh and I took folic acid every day for two months prior treatment and drank a lot of green tea.

:dust: to everyone trying! xxx

Same for us! First time and wife doesn't drink caffeine, doesn't smoke, eats reasonably healthy food (not just fruit and Veg but limited junk), was walking a fair amount (1-3miles)every day leading up to insemination for about 2-3months before, Taking pregnancy vitamins before and drinking plenty of water!

It took us two tries I was on Femara and used the trigger shot. We did iui as we couldn't find a local donor. I cut out all caffeine I don't smoke or drink and I worked out daily! Prenatals also

We did a lot of walking too. It all plays its part. Still cant believe it :)

I know don't know where the time has gone but currently fighting a cold, booooo! managed to escape one for the whole time up until now!

How are you getting on The2mums? xx :flower:

We are both ok, gutted this month as she was late so we were hopeful but it wasn't to be. This month (next week) we are going to try and go day before day of and day after.

Hope it works! Renewed are virgin contract and it's 18months. I thought to myself god I hope in 18 months we have a baby!! By then yours will be 1 n half!!!!!!!! Madness xx

Where in the uk are u guys?? We are north west xx

We are both ok, gutted this month as she was late so we were hopeful but it wasn't to be. This month (next week) we are going to try and go day before day of and day after.

Hope it works! Renewed are virgin contract and it's 18months. I thought to myself god I hope in 18 months we have a baby!! By then yours will be 1 n half!!!!!!!! Madness xx

What do you do at Virgin? xx

We are from the south west. That is madness being responible for a 1 n a half year old, eek!

I remember I did so many test runs before we had treatment. You have to catch it just right. Its difficult and not as easy as it sounds. But my only thought was this will work and I had kept myself really calm about it and not get stressed.
I think this helped us.
A lot of couples say they get pregnant when it wasn't planned. I so hope it works out for you, just keep trying and dont give up! :thumbup:

I don't work at virgin I just went with virgin for the tv, phone and Internet lol 18 month contract. Was with sky and BT before just moved them all to one got a special deal.

What do you mean by treatment?

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back