How many bottles do you have?

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
I was wondering how many bottles everyone has, if you bottle feed exclusively?
I am unsure how many bottles I am going to need to get me through a day or so. :dohh:
How many 4/5 oz bottles do you need?
How many 8/9 oz bottles do you need?
Thanks!

I asked the same thing and I was told something like 8.... for clean and ready to go and 4 in use. Well I got 6 2-6oz bottles and I wish I would have gotten more.

I think it was more of being a new mom that has made the bottle thing so hard for me because every time I would go to feed.... which is ever 3-4 hours I would grab a new one, and in the past week I have learned to keep 3 in my diaper bag to go with and three for using... and every time I use one I rinse it out with hot water. There for a little bit I was running my dishwasher 2 times a day.

I learned quick.

I would say at least 6-8 if your short on cash but if you can a few more would not hurt at all.

Id say 6 in use and maybe a couple of spare. The more you have = the more washing up you have to do. The less you have = the less you can make up at once.

Best just to see what suits you and go from there. We started from 6 (tiny bottles) then went up when we had to buy new bigger ones.. next time id probably just start with the bigger ones from the beginning to be honest, such a waste of money.

Thanks guys!
Right now we have 6 new 5oz bottles (as well as 4-5 5oz bottles that we got used from my aunt). We also have 4 9oz bottles. I think we will have enough. :D I, for some reason, thought people used alot more than that!

I have 5, 9oz bottles. I make 4 up at a time so when I get down to the last one I can make up another load. However I am going to buy one more for water. I agree with Tilly, the more you have, the more washing up :)

I have one 4 oz bottle which came with my steriliser and had six 9oz Avent bottles, 2 of them started leaking so I bought a pack of 3 Mam bottles. Then a few weeks later I noticed all the teets we're cracked on my advent bottles (I had been checking them everytime I washed them but all off a sudden they just cracked!) So I bought another 3 Mam!

Now I have 6 Mam bottles, normally get through 5 in 24 hours but helps to have the spare just incase!

Wouldn't use avent EVER AGAIN!!

We had 6 small Avent ones and 9 large Avent ones. Just makes it easier for us to keep a constant flow going. x

I used 9 5oz bottles and 6 9oz. Since we had 8 feedings in 24 hours when we came home and for the first month or so, we still had that extra one just in case. As for the larger ones, it was convenient to to have 6 since we still had an extra. I agree that it's useless to go crazy and buy too many since you'll just accumulate dirty bottles and get discouraged!

I also used bottles exclusively (breastfeeding was a failure...) and made them for 24 hours. I got a large plastic Tupperware bottle with a lid like you'd use for juice and mixed the formula in the premeasured water. That way, I then only had to pour it in the bottles. (no powder in teets!) We also got into the habit of measuring the formula in a regular bowl and covered it until we needed it (1-2 hours later) and did the same with the water. Once boiled and cooled we put in in the pitcher. When you're tired, it's great to know that is done ahead of time. We prepared the milk in the late afternoon or early evening so it was easy to get that done every day. We knew we'd be home at that time and also didn't have to do this too late in the evening or first thing at 5 am!

Simon'sMum.. I'm confused. Did you say that you preMIXED the formula and water? I thought you had to use it within one hour? Did you just keep it in the refridgerator?

I premixed it and put it in the fridge! Sorry I didn't explain that part! It makes preparing everything really fast and easy. Plus, you can do part of it ahead of time. (measuring powder and water) I know it saved me from going insane at some point since I became quite tired about 6 weeks after the baby was born. Also, the pitcher I mention is really just a big plastic bottle with a screw-on top. It also has a little round cap you can take off to pour the milk in the bottles. Hope this helps! :)

I've used more 8oz/ 9oz bottles than the 6oz bottels i had. After about 4 months Savannah only used 9oz bottles, so she has probably about 15 to 20 9oz bottles. She is almost a year old and ready to go off the bottle! My baby is growing up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->