How many children do you realistically want?

I said 3 as we will probably try for another baby in 4/5 years time. I cannot imagine having any less than 3 children as I was one of 3. My dream amount of children is 4 though - I just see it as such a nice number. I also like the idea of having a final child in my early 40s. So we shall see, you never know where life will take you ;)

Thanks everyone, I'm surprised 3 is the highest, isnt the national average for the uk 1.8 now or something? (no longer 2.4) do we think a parenting forum might be slightly over representative of an above average sized family? What do you think a large family is?

3 or 4. I think I could persuade hubby to have another one, I would like another either boy or girl. It depends whether the 3rd was boy or girl I think whether we would have a fourth, I'm not sure a girl would thank me for having 3 older brothers and no sisters?

In an ideal world I'd have four but we started too late for that.

Now I'd love three but I'd be happy with two if that's the way it worked out.

DH says he definitely doesn't want any more after this one, but we'll see how it goes......I think he could be persuaded :winkwink:

Thanks everyone, I'm surprised 3 is the highest, isnt the national average for the uk 1.8 now or something? (no longer 2.4) do we think a parenting forum might be slightly over representative of an above average sized family? What do you think a large family is?

My thoughts on this, yes I think this poll will be skewed as people on here will be very family orientated and I guess for a lot of us that means having a slightly bigger family. Also there are quite a few SAHM on here who may not need to worry about nursery/ childcare fees as they do it themselves, so having more wouldn't be an issue in that way.
I would say 4 and more Is a large family.

I think the results will be a bit higher on here, partly due to it being a parenting forum but also from the votes from US ladies. I would class 4 or more as a large family.

I think six or more is a large family, it's what I always wanted but isnt an option to have six here with me because of all the loses.

I already have two, I'd love to meet someone and have another two close together but not for a while yet. So 4 :)

I voted 3 but I'm very close to trying for a 4th, hubby desperately wants to have another

I think I am finished. I feel complete now as to before I always felt like something was missing. I'm able to balance both my children and we've always seen us as a family of four. DH and I have lightly discussed a third but are not completely over zealous about the idea and if it happened, it'd be within the next 2.5 years or not at all. We'll see how we feel a few years down the road.

I am tired though of people TELLING me because I have one of each that I'm done having/can't have anymore children. :roll:

I think realistically we have our perfect family. A 4th wouldn't be a bad thing, but I think we'd be worried we'd get a girl. She'd be well and truly outnumbered! lol

We may have one last blast at trying before we give up completely but I don't think we'll be too worried if we didn't have another. Our little family works well with our 3 boys and we can afford to live comfortably with our 3 as we are. Never say never though - we're rather quick to conceive so we may not entirely have control lol! :dohh:

Because this is a parenting forum the majority of replies will come from people who have or want children, not people who don't want children. I think of 4 children as a large-ish family and 5+ as a large one.

1 , i don't want any more. i count three as largeish and 4 as a large family ;)

If there was no limit to the number of children I could have and I could support them all financially, I don't think I'd ever stop having babies. I know, I know. I think I'm broken too.

That being said, I'm pretty sure this will be my last one. :(

...of course I said that about my 4-year-old too.

I feel the same as you Ward, I think I'll never feel like I'm done... but my limit is for practical reasons.
Xx

i wanted 5. but realistically i think another 1 maybe 2 will be enough money wise. x

I feel the same as you Ward, I think I'll never feel like I'm done... but my limit is for practical reasons.
Xx

I'm worried I'll never feel done. After 3 boys I still feel like there's more in me! lol

Having said that I'm starting to fall apart so maybe I should quit while I'm ahead. :haha:

Im content with my 3. Even if I won lottery id stick with my 3. Suita us perfectly and the big age gap spaced it out a bit xx

I always said I wanted 4 children and I'm now pregnant with my 4th! I did have a wobble about if I want more after she is here, but I know deep down after this pregnancy I'm done... xx

I'm one and done (though no one will listen when I say so.) we can provide comfortably for one, another would stretch us a bit.I hated the newborn stage and am enjoying her so much more now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->