How many children do you want?

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by calm, Apr 6, 2009.

1. calm

calm Administrator
    Administrator Moderator

I don't know if this question has been asked before, if so please direct me to the link.

I always find it very difficult to think beyond one child. I don't know if it is because I think I will find pregnancy hard, or that I am already 32, or because I think more than one will be hard being a working mum, or because I think I won't be able to cope... I suppose 2 would be nice, or 3... But if I could have just that one special baby I think I would kiss the floor and be satisfied (or not, who know how I will feel then)

2. Pops

Pops Proud Mum & Wifey

If we were lucky enough, we would love 2, one boy and one girl.....that of course is in an ideal world!

x

3. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I would like 4, but 2 would be alright, 3 would be fab! :D I think I'll decide when I get there x

4. x_Rainbow_x

x_Rainbow_x Well-Known Member

1! i can only ever have 1, 2 if im very lucky

5. tiggertea

tiggertea Mum of Two

I always said 2, Hubby would like 3.
    I guess we'll see when the time comes.... gonna enjoy my newborn for now though :D

6. kate.m.

kate.m. Mummy to Travis

Id like as many as i can have! gonna have to buy a bus!

7. Louise N

Louise N Guest

We'd at least like 2 babies and ideally a boy and a girl to get the best of both worlds. I think 3's a nice little number though and my OH agrees.
    Obviously we'll have to see how I feel after the first pregnancy, I may have 1 and say never again!

8. bunnyg82

bunnyg82 Mum to 2 gorgeous boys

I think 2 - hubby used to say it would be "1 OR NONE" but nowadays he talks about children in the plural so I think he would have 2 also x

9. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

I want 2 or 3 but oh only wants 2.

10. Vesta

Vesta Mum of 1. WTT #2

I want 3, my husband only wants 1. We've come to the compromise of having the first baby and then seeing if either of us changes our mind.

11. calm

calm Administrator
    Administrator Moderator

Vesta, As soon as he sees your newborn :baby: he will put in an order for a dozen more :baby::baby::baby::baby::baby::baby:

12. Pingu

Pingu Mummy to 2 xx

I would love to have 2, a boy and girl

13. sam#3

sam#3 Lactivist & Intactivist

I said after my 1st no more then after my 2nd i said no more then now harry is nearly 5 months old and im already wtt for num 4!!
    Hubby said he would just keep going!!!! He would say that he hasnt given birth and got cankles!!!! :lol:

14. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Well-Known Member

I've always hoped for 4 maybe adopting number 4 or number 5 if I just love pregnancy. DH just says whatever you want I want but lets have one first and then see...
    PS: for those of you who just want 1 I really advise you to have at least two. I was a single child and it was tough. Think about it. xx

15. apple84

apple84 Well-Known Member

I agree...I don't want my child to be an only child. I think 2 or 3 would be nice. Lately, though, I've been having dreams (nightmares??) of triplet girls. I would like 3, but I don't think I want them all at once!

16. venusrockstar

venusrockstar ~Aspiring Photographer~

We both want at least 2...maybe 3 depending on our finances. Hubby was an only child, so he 100% wants at least 2.

17. aidensxmomma

aidensxmomma 4 on Earth, Many in Heaven

I'm gatecrashing and I'm sorry but I need to come back and visit once in a while. :blush:

Anyways, I want up to five kids. My OH only wants three, so we'll have to see how that goes. We will have one of each after August (my due date), and we'll probably have a long discussion about it after that. I don't think it's going to be any less than three though. :)

18. bigbloomerz

bigbloomerz Well-Known Member

I think i'd Like 2 or 4, I dont like odd numbers lol. There is a high risk of twins, so i may have just the one set and stop there hehe. x

19. EstelSeren

EstelSeren Married Mum of 2!

Both myself and h2b would quite like 4. He is 1 of 4 and I'm the eldest of 2. He keeps saying either 4 or 6but I can't see myself coping with 6 kids! He likes being 1 of 4 and I can understand how it avoids the problem of 1 child being the middle child so 4 sounds good to me!!

Beca :wave:

20. calm

calm Administrator
    Administrator Moderator

My gosh 6! That is one brave hubby. As much as I look forward to pregnancy, I do envy the men placing their order and waiting for it to happen.