How many children do you want?

If you had asked me when I was 21 or so, I would have said 4. I got pregnant with DD at 27 but the relationship was never going to last. I was a single mother for a long time so never had the opportunity to TTC #2.

When I met DF last year I knew I'd met the man I was going to marry, and our wedding is February 2012. When we first met eight months ago, he was adamant he didn't want children (he's 41 and doesn't have any of his own yet) but I was equally adamant that I wanted another one. DD is now almost eight, and I never planned to leave that big an age gap.

Obviously I talked him round, but my dream of 4 kids is now beyond reach I think. DF says once we get our BFP this time, he's having the big V.

I love your pic btw :winkwink:

We have a son who I had when I was 38 and we'd love one more, any more than that and it would need a serious rethink on the house/job/life front :)

two please. I don´t mind back to back but would rather not have twins, my friend has them and hasn´t slept for 3 years. Just one healthy bub to start with, and soon before I go crazy trying.

Us women are very bad at the guilt thing. I don't struggle too much it's just that I don't want to be insensitive to anyone here trying for no1 .
I look at my two and want to burst with love and think yup , just one more please.
We all deserve to bring babies into this world because all of us in this section already love them. Even if they're not with us yet. If that makes sense. :hugs:

I'd like to double and triple 'thanks' this post please.

It made me feel much better and light hearted.

Thank you!:hugs:

I would have always said i wanted 3 kids but i made a deal with my partner so one will have to do!! And we hope and pray for that one soon please!!
My partner has 4 grown kids, his last , 18 now, has severe cerebral palsy and needs 24 hour care that he, his ex and the other kids all provide. Now he loves kids but that has really shook his life. I understand where he is coming from. So that was the deal we did. I want kids, he agreed to have one then vascetomy and i'm ok with that. I'm 36 nearly 37, he's 43 and we're on our 2nd iui today having ttc actively for a yr now. I would be delighted with one healthy happy baba, and we are both happy if its twins, which we have discussed.
So deep down i'd love twins :happydance:

I've probably said this somewhere else before but when I was a kid I had this dream of a big rambling house in the country with loads of kids, cats and dogs spilling out of it but now at 41 I feel the same as Indigo, one lovely healthy :baby: would be fab as there probably isn't time for more....:flower: Hey but if I get lucky with twins (and they are in DH's side of the family) I'd be made up!!!!

What Indigo and Jax said :thumbup:, I'll be grateful to have one if possible.

I had a patient that had just delivered her 4th baby. Her kids were 3, 2, 1, and a newborn!! When I asked her why they were so close together she said "I wanted 4 kids and I didn't start until I was 38. I had to do it that close."

wow wouldnt that be nice! so she had no trouble conceiving obviously!!

I was always a career girl, never that interested in kids but always thought I would 'one day'. I still dont have that desperate urge that others do, but I do want them. I would like to have 2, but knowing me I will have 1 and want 5 more and curse that I left it so long. (I have 3 cats and 3 dogs as I got addicted giving needy animals a home!). I decided to 'fast forward' my first by starting treatments, my thinking is I will then just try naturally after the first, however long it takes. But if I love it I will probably end up going on medication again if it worked first time!!

I would love two, this way they have each other, and if its twins well thats ok with me, im not getting any younger, but one beautiful healthy happy boy or girl would be great.

Ladies for those of you that have children and are trying for more, why would you feel guilty, it always amazes me when i see people worry that they have a child or two or three and are worried about the ladies that have none yet, your not greedy, you just have a lot of love to offer, but its not like you took all the babies and none are left for us :haha: Enjoy your children and love them every day, and if your blessed with another, well then that is just perfect too!!

I had three daughters when I was very young and swore I didn't want anymore since life was such a struggle as it was ( I had a TR when my youngest was 2 months old)
Fast forward 12 yrs and I was divorced with three teenagers when I met me DH.
He had no children but was ok with that..
After much thought and talk ( and a little fear of empty nest) I considered having a TR ( for just ONE more)
I had a TR in May '08 conceived via IUI in June '09 and after having some much joy from having lil one in the house again we def. want her to have a sibling..
My pregnancy wasn't easy for me so this will def. be my last..god willing I am able to conceive again..
I am almost 39 and DH is 42

I had my first when i was 17 and didnt want anymore but then i met my dh and we went onto to have another 9 and we are ttc no.11 ,but im 37 now so just hoping my age dosent hold me back too much,i never thought in a million years i would be 37 with 10 kids,but i wouldnt swap it for the world.xxx

I had my first when i was 17 and didnt want anymore but then i met my dh and we went onto to have another 9 and we are ttc no.11 ,but im 37 now so just hoping my age dosent hold me back too much,i never thought in a million years i would be 37 with 10 kids,but i wouldnt swap it for the world.xxx

10 children-How wonderful!! What are their ages?

I'd love to have a boat full, but I'm pretty sure my body will disagree with that idea. I'm 34, but have been ttc for 12 cycles.

If only we could know when we are going to conceive! I could rest easier if I knew that it was going to happen in another year. I could wait patiently if I knew. But, on the other hand, I wouldn't want to know if it was never going to happen. Doesn't matter because we don't get to pick anyway, lol.

:saywhat:
:thumbup:

Wow! How fun! My mum was one of 8 and I always thought it would be so great to grow up with so many siblings esp as they were close in age.

I have always loved kids but through my 20's I never thought I'd have any. Had none through my first marriage. It wasn't until after my divorce while dating someone other than my DH that suddenly my clock started to tick, LOUDLY! Then I met my DH and even though he has two from a previous marriage (and 2 ex-step children who still call him dad) he is more than happy to have two more! Yay! I think two would be my limit but just one would make me happy!

Just one more! .I have 4 girls from my previous marriage and DH and I are ttc his first and my 5th!. I secretly would even love a 6th child but DH wants just one more. my oldest is 18 and back when we first started trying she was 16 and did not want another baby in the house but now she wants a baby sister or brother so it seems the timing is better now then it was two years ago.

Ideally 1 boy and 1 girl. I don't think I'd try for a third if they were both the same gender though, the world is too overpopulated as it is. Right now I'd just be happy with one!

However when I was in university I thought I wanted to have 10. Now I shudder at the thought of all that work!

I'd love 1 or maybe 2 more:winkwink: I had DD in my very early 20's and DS followed about 19 months later:wacko: We always wanted more and never decided on a number but we just never concieved again. We weren't trying but we weren't preventing either. I'm now 36 and DH is 37 so I would be pleased if we can manage 1 more:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->