How many children would you ideally like to have?

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
How many children would you ideally like to have?

If I am able (and if I can convince DH), I would like to have three.

What about you?

xxx

We've agreed on 3, but I want 4. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it :rofl:

Ideally 3-4 but with my SPD I have a big feeling 2 will be it.

I said three at first as we are both 1 of three but i really dont know till at least the first one comes along!

I'd like a whole football team but DH wants 2 we may have to compromise on 3

I want 3. The only thing stopping us is not having enough money for a big house.

two. and then stop. for the love of gawd. :p

i'd love 8!! but realistically it's not gona be anywhere near that!! i think3. i just cant see me having this one and not wanting any more!

I'd love to have 3 kids but it'll probably be more like 2.

well we have 3 already still considering no 4 then def stop at that!

I'd like 3 but I think realistically we'll have 2. I want them to have a nice house and to have the money to be able to enjoy their lives without the restriction of what we can afford to do, which I had as a child. Don't get me wrong, I had a great childhood, but it would have been nice to have had a bit more free cash to be able to explore different things. Plus I hope my children will choose to get a good education (who knows!) and I think we can afford to provide more lavishly for that if we have 2 as opposed to 3.... We're big on private tutors in early years for languages and stuff (which I was fortunate to have). I couldn't afford to do that for 3.... We'd all be eating gruel!! Ha ha!

Who knows though?!?! However many you want, hope you all get them!

xxxx

I have a feeling this little one might be it for me but If we decided we'd like another one after this I'd go for 4 as I was 1 of 3 and hated it! So I promised myself I would never just have 3 but we'll see I might not be lucky enough to fall again.

well im one of 4 my mum is one of 4 and my sister is preg with baby no. 5 think i will settle with 3 tho :headspin:

well i have 3 boys and a suprise on the way OH doesnt like odd numbers so if i was to go back for no 5 there would have to be no 6 so i think this will be it but never say never.

I always said 2...but now I think we may stick to just the one..

I think you all know I'm a nutter by now, but I want 4 kids!!! Maybe number four adopted or number 5... I can't afford any of it at the mo but will get round to it when the time comes. I never had much when I was young, but had such enriching experiences that I find that side more important than material side. Also if I have 4 kids, we will be counted as a numorous family and get state money for uni education so that side is covered. I will teach my kids the value of money and they can start earning it for their expenses quite soon, just like I did babysitting, walking dogs, etc. I remember getting paid 300pesetas the hour (that's about 1pound 50p) and I was the happiest child on earth with my little tresure!!! That tought me the beginning of fending for myself and I think it's one of the most important lessons I can teach them... xxxxxxx

PS: whatever you do, try to have at least 2 kids, being an only child is very painful and lonely, specially if your family and cousins your age are far away...

Like a lot of other people on here- i dont like the idea of having an odd number. I was one of 3, and one was always left out. PLus my middle sister always felt torn between the other two- as the age gap was the same on both sides. So odd numbers are out. DH would like 2 (2 girls) but that doesnt seem enough for me- so its gonna have to be 4. As long as we can afford a big house and a big car to fit everyone in i wouldnt care about any other of the material things. My Mum never had much money when i was growing up- if i wanted something, i had to buy it out of my paper round money etc. And compared to some of my friends who didnt have to do this- im much better with money nowadays than they are! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->