how many dirty nappies??

bambino

Reaction score
I'm new to bfing... Im concerned by the number of dirty nappies I am changing. I have changed 12 so far today. Watery and yellow . Baby has been unsettled for the past couple of days but don't know if these nappies have anything to do with it. Her bottom is red raw with all the cleaning. Poor thing.:(

From the second week on, we changed up to 11 pooey nappies per day. I think it is perfectly normal, and a sign she is getting plenty of milk. It is normal for breastfed babies to have loose yellowy stools. We are still getting 6-8 now. Try using warm water and cotton wool instead of wipes if her bum is getting red. I always use barrier cream

It depends; if the poos are basically all water (and I mean like wee coming out of their bum, sorry if TMI) and as soon as this comes out it causes an angry red, blistered rash as opposed to occuring over a day or so, then this can be due to a bug or an allergy to something you're eating, more likely an allergy in my experience if the poo is still yellow. The most common culprits for this type of poo/rash are citrus fruits, pineapple, peaches and other soft fruits, peppers, and tomatoes/tomato based sauces. It isn't common but for us MSG was a big cause as well; the dairy free crisps I had been enjoying were full of MSG and made LO very poorly and sore :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->