How many first trimester scans will you have had?

Celesse

Reaction score
I know for most people the answer will be just one!

For me its going to be 5, and I'm wondering if there's many other people out there who can match this. I've been under EPAU for bleeding and a second empty sac which has a clot around it. I've also bled pretty much every day for the past 4 weeks.

I know its not something to be competitive about, but I'm just a little curious. Also it would be nice to compare notes with others having a high risk, highly monitored first trimester. I'm really hoping the rest of my pregnancy is not the same as these first few weeks have been.

I've had scans at
5+6
7+4
9+0
and will have another 2 at
11+0
13+0 (NT Scan)..and then onto the second trimester!!

I'll have two one to confirm at 7 weeks and another at 11 weeks when I finally see my ob

I will have three. The first one was supposed to be my dating scan, but I ovulated late and I was not as far along as they expected and they couldn't see a fetal pole. I had to go back about two weeks later for another scan that dated me at 8 weeks, 2 days. I go back in another week or so for my first trimester screening. I'm looking forward to seeing how much our little one has changed!

My friend was the same when she had twins. Now she said it took the specialness away from it

I had a dating scan at 6+3, a reassurance scan [I had asked for it b/c of loss of symptoms] at 8+6, and a nuchal scan at 11+1. My next scan is in 6 weeks at 16+1 - I believe it's an anatomy scan.

I am high risk with an incompetent cervix. So far I had one at 7 weeks, another at 9, another at 9+5, and then I will have one on the 11th, my 12 week scan. Then after that I will have a trans vaginal ultrasound every 2 weeks to measure my cervical length.

Hi Celesse,

I was considered high risk in first trimester due to recurrent miscarriages and have had scans at:

5w
6w+5d
8w+3d
9w+3d
10w+2d
11w+3d
12w+5d NT scan

So pretty much every week, it's been lovely and reasurring but also a bit of a pain, taking time off from work and not telling them why each week, has been hard but I'm now heading into the second trimester, so just the normal 20 week scan for me, which is ok.

It has been wonderful watching the blob morph into a baby, something I'll treasure forever, if you can, enjoy it, I know I have xxx

I will most likely have 3, but possibly 4. I should have only had one, maybe two though.

I had a bleed at 5 weeks, and then a bigger bleed a few days later and totally panicked. So I got scans on both of those visits, and then I have my "8 week" official scan this coming Monday. I might get another one at 12 weeks, but that might get pushed to 14...so then I'd be in 2nd tri.

I will have two! One at 6 weeks and one at 10+4!

I had one at 6 weeks, a reassurance one at 9 weeks, I'll have another one monday (Don't know why probably check growth due to thyroid) and then the 12 week nuchal scan.

Hey celesse, I was being monitored since I had a prior ectopic and have had 7 scans so far.

4+2 located sac
5+2 still only sac
5+4 still only sac
6+0 still only sac
6+2 sac, yolk sac, fetal pole
7+2 heartbeat!
10+2 heartbeat and arm leg nubs :)

With my son I had 5 too by 12 weeks.

5+1 - Dating scan
5+4 - Follow up dating scan
7+1 - Private scan I paid for to get reassurance (I hadn't known when I booked and paid the deposit that I would get dating scans on the NHS).
10 weeks - Follow up dating scan (don't know why they offered me a third, but I took it!)
12+2 - Nuchal fold.

During the rest of pregnancy with him, I had a ridiculous number of scans; I can't even remember. I think I had eight after that - I had a few issues with continuous Braxton Hicks, threatened early labour (got a few scans for that to see what was happening to cervix, as well as a free 3D one - we were in New Zealand in Wellington and she did it without warning!), had to go back for second anomaly scan because his spine hadn't finished ossifying by 18 weeks, I had agonising pain in the side of my stomach one day, which turned out to be a pulled round ligament so they scanned then too and then a standard 32 week for the hospital I was at. Wow! So many scans!

I won't get nearly as many this time I hope!

7+1 - Private reassurance and dating scan
12 week - Nuchal
20 week - Anomaly
28 week - Private 3D/4D scan
32 week - Standard scan for my hospital

If all goes to plan, I'll have as many in the whole pregnancy as I had in the first trimester with my son!!

x

With mine, I had one a week from week 6-13 (with the exception of week 11) and then every 2 to 3 weeks after that. I had had 3 miscarriages b/4 and a few chemicals and I'm of advanced maternal age, so my OB scanned me all the time it seemed. he would have continued to scan me weekly, but I told him I didn't want that. It's nice to have all the pics to see the progression though.

I will have had one at approx 12 weeks (still unsure on dates)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->