How many months am I???

nsmomtobe

Reaction score
Hello! this is my first post in the third trimester group YAY!!!
my question is, how many months pregnant am I really? I'm 27 weeks today, and I thought I was turning 7 months next Friday at 28 weeks. But I have a few that argue with me saying, NO.. I'm only six months since today is Nov 4and i'm due Feb 3rd.

Is this correct?

Month one: weeks 0-4
Month two: weeks 5-8
Month three: weeks 9-12
Month four: weeks 13-16
Month Five: weeks 17-20
Month six: weeks 21-24
Month seven: weeks 25-28
Month eight: weeks 29-33
Month nine: weeks 34-39

They are correct, you are 6 months pregnant. You'd be 7 months pregnant IF there were exactly 4 weeks in a month, but that isn't the case. The easiest way to figure it out is to go by your due date and count the months back, or go by your LMP and count the months forwards! You won't be 7 months pregnant until about 30 weeks ish.

yeah im still confused as to wether im 7 months and not 8 til 36 weeks lol i dunno but if i dont go by weeks and i just go by my due date im 7 1/2 and not 8 months til the 13 nov, then i think im exactly 9 months pregnant on my due date? but then ppl were saying pregnancy is actualy 9 and a half months so i should be 9 months pregnant at the start of dec so im with u on the confusion lol

Count down from your due date, so if you're due 3rd feb you will be:

3rd feb - 9 months pregnant
3rd jan - 8 months
3rd dec - 7 months
3rd Nov - 6 months

x

but then ppl were saying pregnancy is actualy 9 and a half months so i should be 9 months pregnant at the start of dec so im with u on the confusion lol

Nah it's not 9 and a half, it's 9 months + about 5 days, so if you count back from your due date you're pretty accurate! :]

People argue it because there are different ways of working it out. There is no right or wrong answer, and pregnancies are calculated in weeks now, so it's not like it even matters to the professionals anymore. It's more so you can tell other people, and in that case I don't think they will care enough to calculate it for themselves and tell you you're wrong.

I go by the due date, and count back from there. I'm due on 10th Jan, and so on that day I will be 9 months pregnant (even though technically a pregnancy is 40 weeks and 40 weeks is longer than 9m):

10th Jan - 9 months

then working back:

10th Dec - 8 months
10th Nov - 7 months

So currently I'm 6 months, about to turn 7 months. I will turn 7 months pregnant in 6 days time, when I will be 31 weeks

But another way of looking at it is by having a ticker in your signature like the one I have. I'm currently in the 7th box of it, and there are 9 boxes each representing 1 month. Once you've completed that month, you move to the next box. I have completed my 6th box, but not yet the 7th box, so I'm 6 months, almost 7 months.

I don't go by that at all. I go by the calendar... just because it can be pretty off any other way. My last period started on April 9th. So, on the 9th of November, I'll be 7 months along. Since you're due 2 weeks after me, you're about 6 1/2 months along.

I just go by the date, so tomorrow i will be 8 months as i am due on the 5th December :)

I just go by the due date too.....so I am 9 months on my due date....

I agree with counting back from your due date of Feb.3rd. :) On the 3rd of each month, you progress by another month.

For myself for example, I'm due Dec.5th so tomorrow (Nov.5th) I'll be 8 months, meaning I've completed 8 months and starting month 9 which will be completed at the due date.

i use this handy-dandy calculator someone posted on B&B months ago:

https://www.baby2see.com/weeks_months_convertor.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back