how many nappies do u have

ThatGirl

Proud mummy to alfie
Reaction score
they say you need 20 nappies but a baby needs it nappy changing around 12 times a day, surely you'd need more specially incase baby gets poops and things???

Currently I have 14. Although always looking to add to my collection! I personally don't think 14 is quite enough for full time use, reckon I'll need about 20 to see me through night and day until the next lot are dry.

you need 10ish a day when teh baby is newborn because their little insides are too little to hold any amount of anything so they will need changing mroe often, as they get older you'll find they need changing less, leyla is 1 now and she goes through maybe 6 nappies a day, i have 16 day nappies and about 6 nightime nappies and i just about get by doing a wash every 2 days, luckily most of my nappies dry quickly cos they are mostly fleece, cotton and microfibre but if you buy things with bamboo in these take a day or two to dry because you cant put them on direct heat

x

LOL i have a few more than 20! lol.....for the first few weeks 20 is definately not enough ...we were going through way more than that in 2 days and thats without worrying about drying times etc.....now tho we could definately do with just 20 if we washed everyother day ...i'd say we have about 70 or so, probably way more..i dont dare count them :blush:...(thats not including ones that we have put away for bubba #2)

hmmm. about 10.. considering i only started using cloth about 2weeks ago i'm quite pleased with that. need more though, lots more!

Oooh nappy counting - this could get competitive :haha:

I have 5 flip outers, 14 stay dry inners (these are my favs and i want more), 7 ebay cheappy pockets, 6 decent pockets, 3 little lambs (freebies), 2 minky wraps for use with flips, 1 itti AIO, 2 bumhuggers (plus 2 pockets on the way)

So 26 nappies/wraps plus 7 extra inners :happydance:. This does us about 3 days before needing to wash and leaves enough for the 4th day while they dry, plus there are some I only use if desperate.

We only started using them at 3 months though so not sure how many you would need for a newborn - we got through maybe 10 disposibles a day when newborn and that has dropped to maybe 6 a day now.

I think i have about 30 as my typical wash contains about 22 nappies and i have still got some to use. i wash on average every two-three days.

you need 10ish a day when teh baby is newborn because their little insides are too little to hold any amount of anything so they will need changing mroe often, as they get older you'll find they need changing less, leyla is 1 now and she goes through maybe 6 nappies a day, i have 16 day nappies and about 6 nightime nappies and i just about get by doing a wash every 2 days, luckily most of my nappies dry quickly cos they are mostly fleece, cotton and microfibre but if you buy things with bamboo in these take a day or two to dry because you cant put them on direct heat

x

Ooops i put all my nappies on the radiator to dry. Should i not be doing this? What about on a rack on the radiator so the nappy isnt touching the actually radiator?

I put all my bamboo boosters on radiator too and don't have a problem? Eeeek!

Lol, Mummykaya is jelous of Saraendepity's stash!

hahaha! thing is Saraendepity just cant stop buying more fluff!! LOL i really should stop but just cant :blush:

Lol, I know, have only been in cloth a few weeks and I.can't.stop.buying.nappies!!!!!! Personally I blame you, femme and squish! Haha x Oh and purpledahlia, she has a lush stash!

I've always put my bamboo on rads and its fine :)

I have about 50 and wash every 3 days or so but also never run out :)

thanks ladies i have a few nappies but only a few of each time i do have some mio prefolds but only a couple wraps i have ordered little lamb bamboo birth to potty kit was also going to get their organic cotton kit in nippa fastening and ask them to send me ten nappies in each size and 5 wraps in each size :) so will have 30 nappies at least in each size x

we should all count nappies and see how many we have between us x

hmmm i don't know maybe about 30 and a stash of mio's which i now use for emergencies only.

I didn't know you couldn't put bamboo on rads either :shrug: I kno they can make then a bit crispy but as with any nappy. You shouldn't put pul covers or anything with elastic on direct heat though

i counted them the other day and i had 69.... but i just sold and posted one today so 68. but then i sent off for a free little lamb so i'll be back to 69 again. unless you count a few terry cloths and then i have more... oops :blush:

x

Ooops i put all my nappies on the radiator to dry. Should i not be doing this? What about on a rack on the radiator so the nappy isnt touching the actually radiator?

yep thats fine, sometimes if im in a rush, i put the radiators on for the rest of my stuff, when theyre dry i turn the radiators off, wait 5 mins for them to cool down a bit then put the bamboo on then, or put them on full heat on top of a towel lol

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->