How many Naps for a 22 Month old?

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
My little one will be turning 2 in December and im trying to get some information on what her nap routine should be like, stories and personal opinions are welcome!

Currently she goes to bed at 8pm to 7am and sleeps through out the night with no wake ups. Her naps during the day range from one at 10am (anywhere from 30-60min) and one at 3pm (30-60min), or just one at 1pm (60-90min).

Some people are telling me she only needs one during the day, and others are saying to go ahead and stick with her two. Were always switching it up because sometimes shes good with only one nap for the day, and others I find her falling asleep at 11am and clearly needs that early nap. I would like to stop switching between the two schedules and just implement one solid.

So one nap, or two? Thank you guys!

Mine had one a day at this age, sometimes none!

My LO is 2 in March and she has one, but will sometimes skip her nap completely but if it works for your LO then stick with it I say!

At that age my daughter had a 2 hour nap from 1-3. Only recently she dropped it as it stopped her sleeping through the night x

all three of my girls were one 1 nap at that age, around 1.5-2hrs long usually around 12. My youngest turns 2 tomorrow and she still naps every day at this time.

I think if she still goes to sleep every night without fuss, then you are as well continuing with how you are. I knew it was time to switch to one nap when my daughter was not going to sleep at bedtime!

If it's working for you it's fine to keep doing what you have been doing. Personally I like 1 longer nap instead of two short ones so I'd probably cut the morning nap. Mine all were at 1 nap a day by 18 months. DD currently naps around noon for about 2 hours. To me 8pm sounds late but that's just because mine sleep 7pm-7am. If your DD went to bed earlier you may find she isn't so tired in the late mornings.

My DD is 18 months and has about the same schedule as your LO, a short AM nap and a slightly longer afternoon nap OR one noonish nap.

From my research, there could be months of "one OR two naps" in the transition between one and two naps.

My little one 2 next month and hasn't had a nap for a year now. She used to sleep 6.30 PM till 9am but since bringing home my second daughter 8 weeks ago her sleep has been all over the place and disturbed during the night but she still won't take a nap in the day.
If your LO is happy with the pattern then carry on. They will drop one soon if it's not working for them. If it was me I think I would prefer the longer nap early afternoon though. Like a previous poster said maybe try and bring bedtime forward a little x

Mine has been taking one nap since 18 months, although the time of that nap is slightly different everyday depending on how early he woke up or what is going on. Some days he naps 11-1 and goes to bed around 7 and other days he naps around 1-3 and goes to bed around 8.

Leo is 19 months and has been at 1 nap a day for quite a while... I don't remember when he switched. Lately though, it hasn't been enough. He does better with a nap and a rest. Today with extra stimulation, he did fine on just one nap. If it isn't affecting night time sleep, just stick with whatever works. Dropping the second nap was pretty easy for both my kids. Getting them to sleep just stopped working.

At that age, mine only had one, unless we were going somewhere in the car, then she might have two short ones (on the way there and the way back) just because she always falls asleep in the car. She dropped naps altogether at 2 years and 4 months. I don't think there's any set routine that works for everyone. Lots of my friends' kids dropped to one nap at a year, some because they went to a nursery that didn't 'allow' two naps, so they were sort of forced into it (which seems crazy to me! but anyway). But mine definitely still had two of about 45 minutes to an hour until at least 18 months or so before she went to one. If it works, it works. I wouldn't try to change anything unless it's affecting bedtime or your LO is really fighting it, in which case you might try dropping a nap to see if it helps.

My son is 28mths old, goes bed at 7pm, falls asleep at 8pm till 8.30am. Sometimes has a 20 min nap about 2pm ish but mostly stays awake all day

Zach is 17 months and has recently fully transitioned to one nap. He began the transition at 14 months so it took a while.

The nap is normally at around 11.30/midday and lasts anywhere from 45 minutes to 2.5 hours

He's in bed by 6.30-7 normally and still wakes in the night. He's up for the day anywhere between 6.15 and 7.30

My daughter will be 2 in February and has 1 nap usually at around 11/12 for 1.5-2 hours, sometimes longer. 3 hours today! She goes to bed at 7.30pm, sleeps through and wakes at around 6.30am.

my son is 16 months and already sometimes skips his nap.. otherwise one nap of around 1 hour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->