how many of each item should i get?? plz help!

sam.ana

Reaction score
hi guys i was wondering if u all could help me with this...i am starting shopping for my soon to come baby girl...iv seen a lot of threads on what essentials for clothes id need to get...but do u guys have any idea how many of each to get??

like how many bodysuits...how many recieving blankets, mits, socks, shoes?? I dont want to go overboard with newborn stuff as she will outgrow them soon and i also dont wana buy so less that after shes born i have less of everything cuz i wont have time to rush out and get any more stuff??

If youv started shopping please give me a rough idea of each thing u got...id appreciate it so so so much :hugs::flower:

well i can tell you what ive got but i think id be here forever! lol ive gotten my baby girl 4 pairs of mits, 2 pairs of booties as most grows have the feeties. ive got about 7 towels, 15 muslins, some socks, about 5 hats, ive got Lily some newborn stuff but not alot - 2 vests, 2 cardies, some cute pink trousers n tops. mostly ive got vests, baby grows for 0-3, and 3-6. ive got her a few trousers and tops and dresses too but nothing compared to the amouth of grows! lol i think you can never have too many muslins though!
hope i helped xx

So far I have brought

12 bibs
12 pairs of socks
6 pairs of scratch mittens
4 hats
12 sleepsuits/babygrows
5 vests
1 light jacket
Several cardigans
6 blankets 2 of which are nitted ones which were made for me.

Hope I have helped x

well i can tell you what ive got but i think id be here forever! lol ive gotten my baby girl 4 pairs of mits, 2 pairs of booties as most grows have the feeties. ive got about 7 towels, 15 muslins, some socks, about 5 hats, ive got Lily some newborn stuff but not alot - 2 vests, 2 cardies, some cute pink trousers n tops. mostly ive got vests, baby grows for 0-3, and 3-6. ive got her a few trousers and tops and dresses too but nothing compared to the amouth of grows! lol i think you can never have too many muslins though!
hope i helped xx

aww thanks hD no idea about the muslins... we need them for when the baby has had milk right?? any other use?? sorry dim mom to be hehe :p

hope i helped xx

aww thanks hD no idea about the muslins... we need them for when the baby has had milk right?? any other use?? sorry dim mom to be hehe :p

yea great for when they decide they dont wanna keep it all down, and great if you wanna hide your baps if your BF in public. mine are a bit see-through as there white, but hell, my boobs are MASSIVE!! itll be kinda hard to hide them lol

Yeah forgot to say about the muslin squares they are better than bibs I think you can use them to put over your shoulder to catch the sick ect x

i wouldnt get too many newborn baby grows and vests so like maybe 6 of each. and then get more 0-3 months as zane fit into the 0-3 pretty quickly.

ive got around 12 0-3 vest and the same amount in baby grows.
i have got afew newborn tshirts and joggers and the rest again 0-3 and some 3-6 as winter stuff is in the sale

wooo muslim squares yes i have about 12 as they are useful to put under babies head in bed to protect the sheets from sick aswel as ur clothes, also good at covering u while feeding.
boots id say around 2 pairs and mits again around 3 pairs will be more then enough. dont forget hats! id get around 4.

blankets, i had 4 celular and that was enough as ule find people buy u blankets

I haven't brought any new born stuff at all I have just brought 0-3 or up to 1 month because my family always born huge babies but ibthink I am going to get her a couple of newborn outfits just incase. X

zane wasnt huge at 8lb 3 but he was very long at 59cm and he still fit in newborn for the first few weeks so even if u just got 3 babygrows it might be worth it, if not u can take them back

Gosh that is long bless him, I don't think our baby will be long tbh but I think she will be chunky. I will get her some little newborn outfits before she's here it will give me an excuse to go shopping whilst I am waiting to go into labour lol

My DS is only 9 months old, so this is very fresh in my memory!
I would suggest....
3 pairs of mitts (lots of sleepsuits have built in ones)
Enough vests and sleepsuits to account for two of each a day, plus night time wear. With Ted, I had him in little outfits in the day, but this will be an autumn baby so I may not...
As many musilin squares as you can get.... they are BRILLIANT for loads of stuff
I would only have socks to go with outfits.... I was a sucker for nice little shoes too!

Basically, you need to factor in how often you plan to have the washing machine on, and whether or not you have a tumble dryer. You can never tell if your baby will be a 'sicky' one or not xx

Gosh that is long bless him, I don't think our baby will be long tbh but I think she will be chunky. I will get her some little newborn outfits before she's here it will give me an excuse to go shopping whilst I am waiting to go into labour lol

he was suprisingly long seen as me and my oh are short lol

I still have all my first daughter's stuff but when I sort it all out, I will just make sure I have:

7 short-sleeved vests (plus a few sleeveless ones as LO will be born in August)
7 sleepsuits with built in mitts
3 pairs of socks
3 pairs of scratch mitts
2 cardigans or jackets
5 hats (sun hats for this baby but would be warmer hats for a winter baby)
3 blankets
2 sleeping bags
1 pram suit
Bunch of muslins
5 bibs

Maybe a couple of outfits but we didn't really use them with my daughter. Simple stuff is best!

OHHH thanks so much i will definitely be updating my list with the number of items thanks :) just one question...i read that babys who breastfeed dont need any bibs is that true? Also ladies with baby girls did u buy them the cute headbands with flowers and bows stuck on top to make them look more girly?? im scared my baby girl will look like a boy initially hehe

also what do we need blankets for?? is it for swaddling the baby only?? Gosh u all must be thinking im not fit to be a mom with these dumb questions :(

I haven't brought any new born stuff at all I have just brought 0-3 or up to 1 month because my family always born huge babies but ibthink I am going to get her a couple of newborn outfits just incase. X

yea im also worried that if i have a bigger baby she wont fit into newborns and they will go to waste if i buy too many...however 0-3 or 3-6 are always useful as eventually they will fit at some point :):happydance:

I've got over 20 bibs curtosy of my mother who went a bit overkill and bought a shed load haha I've mainly bought 0-3 months in clothes/sleep suits and baby grows. I've got a few newborn things given to me by my sister but I've been told that littlen is measuring quite big so I haven't bought any new born things personally apart from mittens and socks.

People have asked what if she is born early and I've got no newborn things but if she does happen to be born early then my fella or my mum will nip out and buy newborn things. I haven't gone overkill with outfits and such as they grow really quickly especially in the first few months apparently xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->