How many of us wouldn´t be here it if weren´t for over 35 and older pregnancies?

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
People in the media keep talking about older mums like it is a new thing but personally my Gran was 42 when she had my mum so if it weren´t possible I wouldn´t be here. My cousins mum was in her late 30´s too. Anyone else?

I had four children in my 30's ,the last one age 38 and I must say I couldn't exist without u ladies ,the support is amazing and I have met some lovely people that are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable ,I really don't think I wud be here if the over 35 didn't exist ,I am now 44 and ttc ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

My auntie had my cousin at 42, my half sisters mum was 44 when she had her, my friend had her twins at 45, two of my friends mothers were 42 when they had them...i could carry on... all healthy troublefree pregnancies. The media never focuses on the majority and positive examples.

The reason why i am in this forum is becaus of you ladies, its a 35+ forum and the support is fantastic. Ant i love the off track conversations lol

My auntie had my cousin at 42, my half sisters mum was 44 when she had her, my friend had her twins at 45, two of my friends mothers were 42 when they had them...i could carry on... all healthy troublefree pregnancies. The media never focuses on the majority and positive examples.

The reason why i am in this forum is becaus of you ladies, its a 35+ forum and the support is fantastic. Ant i love the off track conversations lol

I agree the support is great and the giggles are a huge help. :thumbup:

Hiya my nan had my Auntie when she was 43 - and my Auntie had twins at 44 :)

My Nan was 40 when she had my mum in 1939, and in the 60's my aunty was around that age when she had natural twin boys. I wonder what the doctors said to my nanna in 1939!!

My grandmother had my aunt and uncle at the age of 43 and 45.
That aunt had 5 kids and that uncle had 2 kids. So, I'd be missing 7 cousins. And now 4 of those cousins have a combined total of 6 children of their own.

One of my ob/gyns had a baby at 42, and another is ttc at 40.
They think I'm a baby, lol!

These are all great & promising stories! It is possible to conceive after 35, in fact more & more women are doing it these days. It may be sightly more challenging, but thanks to modern medicine (holistic & non) & great forums where women can receive support, it makes this process a bit easier.

My grandmother had her last child at 46. My other Grandmother had her last in her 40's too..

These are all great & promising stories! It is possible to conceive after 35, in fact more & more women are doing it these days. It may be sightly more challenging, but thanks to modern medicine (holistic & non) & great forums where women can receive support, it makes this process a bit easier.

Totally agree!! yes, we are getting older and that comes with its own challenges however, more and more women have babies at a later age these days, there are millions of success stories and as you say, we have more support than ever.

Btw, not only women have babies at a later age now, as this thread shows it has always happened, it is just that the media seems not to like it!:growlmad:

My Nan had my Dad when she was 38 and his younger sister I guess she must have been 40 or 41 (she died in her twenties so not sure exactly how much younger she was than my dad). So yes, I wouldn't be here either!

My hubbys's mum had him at 43 (this was her last 1 of 7), then my gran had her last baby at 44 (she had 8 children), my Aunt Winnie was 42 when she had her one and only child and this all happened in the 60's and 70's. I know a few mums in the playground that are currently pregnant and have been pregnant in their late 30's, early 40's so it can be done.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->