How many of you girls are SAHM?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
So who is a stay at home mommy?
How long since you stopped working?
Why have you decided so?
do you enjoy it?

I am one, I've decided to stay home because I don't want Josh to go to daycare... I've stopped working since November 2007.
I love every minute of it !!!!

Im a SAHM, since the beginning of this yr when Jack was 2.
I gave up mainly due to ill health, but also fed up of dragging my lil boy out of bed at 6am so he could go to grandmas, it wasnt fair on him.
I do enjoy it, and dont want to go back to work, but it can be very lonely, and boring, and im not very mentally stimulated by childrens TV! :rofl:

I only get a year off... while staying at home would be nice, it just isnt financially a good idea... I only work 3-4 days a week anyways.

I stopped working in central london when I was 10 weeks pregnant, I just found it so difficult with the commute and terrible morning sickness! Ive never looked back, I keep myself pretty busy though with baby groups and met lots of friends with babies through net mums, its really nice.

Id lose my mind if I didnt have the adult convosation!

I am a SAHM!! I don't want someone else taking part in raising my child!! I also do not trust daycares. I have been at home since the end of february (when I was 28 weeks pregnant) I plan to stay home until Alexa starts school :)

im a home mum.
i didnt work before.
im hoping start work in new year.
want amber to be around other children more often now, i feel ive spent 12 good months with her.

Im loving my maternity leave and hope to be a SAHM soon. Need to work out finances first

xxx

I am also a stay at home mum, and want to be until she is in nursery or school. They are only young once and I don't want to miss it. Why should someone else get to see all the firsts and what-not?

When they are both in nursery I will go back part time, when they go to school full time I will go back full time as then there would be no reason not to. But for the sake of the kids having me for those first few years, I am all for it. x

Im a SAHM I love it, I left work in Aug.07 was suppose to go back in Jun 08 but decided I would stay at home with him and work from home, I left work when I had Dan didnt go back until he was 5 years old and I intend to do the same with Dec only difference being I will work from home with Dec I got registered as a childminder But when Dec starts school I will go back to dental nursing.

I'm a SAHM Mum and I'm loving it.

I went on maternity leave in May 2007 and decided not to go back when I looked into the cost of childcare for two babies at once. Plus I was ready for a career change and a stressful job with long hours wouldn't suit me now. When I tell DH that I don't know what I want to do for a job, he replies that that is because I'm doing what I always wanted to do right now.

I don't get lonely and have met loads of lovely people through having the children.

I know I'm going to have to get some kind of work soonish but I'll keep it to evenings so I can spend the days with Charlotte and Thomas.

i'm a SAHM mum and its the best decision i ever made. i was a a teacher (higher ed sociology) but i gave up work really early -at 9weeks, i was really poorly and me and james were so scared as i had been told i couldn't have children so gave up and never looked back,. i loved being pregnant and just 'nesting' the entire time, spending time with my family and my friends, and now i love doing the same with my daughter. don't no when, if ever i'll go back to work. i sometimes think my degree was pointless but hey-ho its always there if i want/need it but i love staying at home with maddi, however i no how lucky i am to be able to stay at home finances-wise, i'm lucky to have james' support 110%, its a bit different from that independent university student he met long ago he he! i just never thought i could be so blessed with them both :cloud9: x

I'm a stay at home mom until a job comes up worth working. I'm going back to school (physically) in September to finish my last 3 courses and then we'll see how it goes!

I like it so far but its only been 4 weeks yet :rofl:

Think I was a SAHM whist I was working as we both work from home

I was made redundant and not sure if I will return to work if I do I will be loking for 16 hours a week and my OH will be at home with kids but either way we both have business interests at home ... x

Think I was a SAHM whist I was working as we both work from home

I was made redundant and not sure if I will return to work if I do I will be loking for 16 hours a week and my OH will be at home with kids but either way we both have business interests at home ... x

thats so nice wobbles, james is one day hoping to work from home, its what we both dream of :) x

I´m a SAHM and for most part really enjoy it. It took a while to get used to though - I was used to being away for part of each month and it took a while to get used to sleeping in my own bed every night instead of a hotel bed!!

I´m taking two years off work and then we´ll see financially how things go, or whether another munchkin has arrived!!

I am SAHM and it was the best thing i ever did, i was meant to go back to work in September but A: i didn't want to leave my son in childcare 40 hours a week which i would have had to as work said i couldn't drop my hours and B: Childcare was SO expensive at the one place i found near enough to work that i couldn't warrant it. I am now thinking that once this baby is born and then goes to school i may look at going back to work but am in the mean time am SO happy to be at home and able to raise my child (soon to be children). When people ask me what i am, i say a mum, and thats what it feels like i was born to be x

I would love to be a stay a home mom but dont think the government would pay me as my husband makes quite enough money but not enough to support me&baby

Missjess seeing as we live about 30 min away from each other mind if I ask how your doing it financially?

I'm a SAHM, i went on maternity leave 2 weeks before Grace was born and went back when she was 3 months. I hated being at work and not with her, so we decided i would become a SAHM. Grace is at pre-school now, so i'm looking for something new now, i have enjoyed every moment of being with her 24/7 though and would deff do it again next time xx

Im considering being a SAHM...id love to spend all my days with the LO...my OH tells me its up to me...xx

I'm still on maternity leave at the moment so classed as employed but I will be stopping work when the time comes. My OH works night shifts for Royal Mail so is at work until 6am then asleep most of the day. At the moment he is doing 14 hour shifts 4pm-6am so makes it difficult for me to work. I would want to give up work given the choice as I wouldn't want to miss a minute of my daughter growing up. However I realise how lucky I am to have the choice. I actually miss going to work more than I thought I would! xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->