How many of you girls are SAHM?

I am, but I'd rather not be a SAHM. I dont trust to leave Kiki with anyone, but my sanity has suffered big time because I dont do well without working. dont get me wrong, I love spending time with my "little sidekick", but I love my job too!

I wont be- I gave up work a week before giving birth and will be looking fro a job in the next couple of months when my mat allowance stops. I just cant afford to be a SAHM, however much I want to, and I'm so jealous of those of you who can!

Having said that, if and when I do find work I dont know how we'll pay for childcare- its one hell of a vicious circle!

I wish I could be a SAHM but we can't afford it either. Well, we probably could be then we'd never be able to do or get anything outside the necessities. Hubby doesn't really want to do that.

So, I'll be going back at 3 times a week.

By law here, your employer has to allow so many hours of parental leave (with appropriate pay deduction) and can't fire you or let you go if you want to work less.

However, with my function, 3 days would not be anywhere near possible but as I wanted to do something different since well before baby, it has worked out well for me and the company. I'll be going back in the same area but doing something different and more to my taste.

I would however prefer not to go back. I've done the career thing and I'm ready to do the family thing. But alas don't have that option yet.... maybe someday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->