hoW many of you

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by casann, Dec 18, 2009.

1. casann

casann mummy

were told that they were having boys but infact ended up having a girl? Just curious as to the amount of people this has happened to as i keep on getting paranoid i got told the wrong sex lol x

2. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

I think they are more likely to get it wrong the other way round (ie they say it's a girl and it turns out to be a boy). With a boy, there is more to see, but they can hide it if they cross their legs, can't do the same the other way around!

3. casann

casann mummy

yeah i thought it would be pretty hard to get that wrong, but my auntie who used to work on a maternity ward said that she had known this to happene. X

4. LouLou78

LouLou78 Mum to 3 gorgeous girls

I can only go by my experience. I haven't been tracking the figures but majority of the women I care for who have been told that they are having a boy do get a boy. It has been more common for those who have been told they are having a girl sometime get a boy. But the parents usually say the sonographer wasn't 100% :)

5. teal

teal Well-Known Member

I would have thought it was easier to mistake it the other way around. I feel confident my little one is a boy because I got to see a good shot of between his legs at both my anomaly scans!

6. rocemom

rocemom Mother of 1 expecting

I was told 15years ago my son was a girl until the 6th ultrasound. this time Im on team yello and refuse to find out

7. casann

casann mummy

Lol , i don't blame you. I feel so bad for people who have been told the wrong sex.x

8. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

I think to some extend it depends how far along you were when you were told as well. I'm quite certain that our boy is indeed a boy from the 20 week scan picture.

9. cupcake23

cupcake23 Well-Known Member

its because at 20 weeks the clitoris can be swollen looking like a penis...thats why they never say they are sure 100%

.x.

10. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Actually, 20 weeks is typically the point where the genitalia is most easily seen and not swollen anymore, but before that I wouldn't trust it. I would trust a 20 week scan.

11. pricebub

pricebub Married mummy

uh oh im scared just painted the room pink! Ahhhh!

12. sahara

sahara Me, my OH and DD Nicola

eeek don't say that. I have so much blue its untrue!!!

13. sophieee18

sophieee18 Well-Known Member

my aunt was told a boy, and had a girl.
    when i went for my scan, i asked how accurate it is, she said 'well i know what i see' then went on to show me his parts. i saw them myself! and it looked 100% male to me lol! but still i am worried about him turning out to be a girl. mainly cause i have decorated and brought everything blue!

14. babybaillie

babybaillie Well-Known Member

There were loads of women on here when i 1st joined that were told they were having boys and ended up with girls and vice versa. ive been scared as ive been told mine is a girl and have went mad with pink, even the pram has pink init. so i would be in trouble if they have gotten it wrong.

u should try posting this on baby club, for ppl who have already had there babies, may get more answers there

15. purple_jan

purple_jan Well-Known Member

I've been told its gana be a boy, but it would be so weird if it was a girl coz u automatically have this image in your head!

Luckily we have decided not to tell anyone about the sex and I have bought everything in neutral colours! No blues so hopefully if it was a girl everything would still be useable.