How many OPKs?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Kimmer, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Kimmer

Kimmer Mummy to a beautiful baby

Yep, after 6 months of just having lots of sex and guessing when i'm fertile, i'm finally giving in to the OPK side of things!

My question, how many should i buy?
    I've got pretty good cycles (normally 28 days exactly, this month was 30) so i have an idea when i might be ovulating.

So how many should a newbie get?

2. Wallie

Wallie Well-Known Member

I normally buy about 40 IC's at a time and I get some hpt's too. I've nearly ran out, so I'd better get pregnant this cycle. Try accessdiagnostics for cheap ones. HTH

3. BumpyCake

BumpyCake Preggers with #1

If I wasn't a POAS-aholic, I could get by with about 5 or less OPKs but that's because I temp and can also feel Ov pains before I actually Ov.

However, I really use closer to 8-10 a month because as Ov gets closer, I test twice a day until that 2nd line fades away.

Good luck sweetie.

4. Peardrop

Peardrop Well-Known Member

Buy lots. I didn't buy enough at first and had to get more. I think I bought 50 the 2nd time round. They are not expensive. Check that the sensitivity is as close to 10miu as possible. Also if you buy lots you'll definitely get pregnant next cycle as that's 'sods law' and you'll have loads left over!

5. franiss

franiss Mum to a beautiful boy

if you have a regular(ish) 28 day cycle the clear blue 7 pack should be fine, start using them on cd11/12. I dont trust the cheap ones to be honest.
    Good luck
    xx