How many ounces did/does your 2-month-old have..?

MemmaJ

Reaction score
Just curious really, for comparison (yes I know every baby is different and you should be led by them, etc etc - lol!) ;-)

The only reason I ask is because my little boy is growing at a rate of knots - 5lbs 14oz at birth (9th centile), 11lbs 11oz at 8 weeks old (50th centile!): so I was concerned I'm feeding him too much (although the Health Visitor didn't seem bothered by the big jump in growth rate).
But then I have a friend who's baby is 4 weeks younger than mine, and I found out last week that he has the same amount of ounces in his bottles as my LO - so that threw a spanner in the works, lol!

My LO is 9 weeks old tomorrow, so how many ounces does your 8 or 9 week old have...? :)

I can't remember what my LO was taking in around 2 months old, but they do say it should be 2oz of milk for every lb your baby weighs as a ROUGH idea in every 24 hours. So, if your baby weighs 12lbs, they should have around 24oz of milk in a 24 hour period.
As you've already said, every baby is different and some babies are hungrier than others. Personally, my LO was always a bit below what was guided, but then makes up for it during a growth spurt. Lol

My 7 week old has between 4-6 ounces 3-4 hourly in the day and 4-5 hourly in the night.
He was born 7 pound 10, weighed yesterday and is now 11 pound 9.

My lo was born 7lb9 and just under 2 weeks ago weight 10lb 5.. She mostly takes 4oz but sometimes 3 during the night and occasionally 5!

Eden was having 4-5oz every 3-4 hours during the day and about 5oz every 5 hours at night

I know this is a bit of an old post, but thought I'd add our experience since it sounds very similar. When my daughter was about 8-9 weeks she was having about 2-3 oz maybe 8 times a day, give or take, definitely not more than 3 oz though. She was also born on the small side (9th centile like your LO) and by about 4 months was on the 65th centile. In our case, she was born earlier (but not premature) at just 37 weeks. Early-ish babies do tend to have a big jump in weight in the first couple months where they put on the extra weight they would have gained in the womb and sort of jump up to where they might have been anyway. I don't know if yours was a little early or not, but I know that was definitely the case for us. She settled at about 60-65th centile for the first year or 2 and now at 3 is down to about 9-25th, which is where she started out (also proportionate to her height, which is 9th centile). They do tend to all even out eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->