How many poos does your newborn have a day?

M

Mrsb3

I'm breastfeeding at the moment and it's going well - only she poos a lot! I don't remember it being this way with my other 2 who was ff from day one ??

Im combi feeding my lo who is 3 weeks old and she poops about once or twice a day and sometimes goes a day or two with no poops.

Im combi feeding my lo who is 3 weeks old and she poops about once or twice a day and sometimes goes a day or two with no poops.

Hi, which bottles are using? I've been trying to get my baby to take one since 2 days old but she is not interested! I've tried avent and tomme tippe. I've had enough of exclusively breastfeeding but she gags on tests and spits it out :-(

My little guy was breast fed and EBF until 4weeks and would poop everytime he fed.. so every hour or 2 x

He's on formula now (tommee tippee bottles) goes 1-2 times a day

My little guy was breast fed and EBF until 4weeks and would poop everytime he fed.. so every hour or 2 x

My little girl was also born on the 11th :) how is the 6 week growth spurt going? My lo is feeding less strangely- how did you manage to switch to bottles? And did you go cold turkey? Ouch! I have tried twice now to stop bf her but I feel as though I'm torturing her she hates the bottle! :-(

My little girl was also born on the 11th :) how is the 6 week growth spurt going? My lo is feeding less strangely- how did you manage to switch to bottles? And did you go cold turkey? Ouch! I have tried twice now to stop bf her but I feel as though I'm torturing her she hates the bottle! :-(

Awww, gone fast hasn't it hah. He seemed to have a growth spurt last week but I wasn't too sure if it was the heat at the time, wanting 5oz every 1-2 hours for 36hrs, I'm surprised he didn't pop! certainly was some of his sleep suits are too short now!

I started by BFing until I thought he was half way through a feed then offering the bottle to finish whilst keeping him in the same position, he seemed to take reasonable well to it but wasn't too impressed at first, he'd cry and spit the teat out a lot. I did this every feed for 3 days just increasing the time I tried the bottle. Day 4 went i he started to take to the teat well i went bottle only, cradling him up to my body as if I was going to BF and offering the bottle.

After that he was fine on the bottle but we do still get times when he's tired and more milk seems to poor out of his mouth that goes in :shrug:

It's more a battle of wills that anything I found. I was going to change bottles in desperation on day 2 but now he really likes them, i found it helps that with the TT back to nature teats the latch is pretty much the same as on the breast x

My LO goes about 2-3 times a day sometimes more depending on her lol

Hi, which bottles are using? I've been trying to get my baby to take one since 2 days old but she is not interested! I've tried avent and tomme tippe. I've had enough of exclusively breastfeeding but she gags on tests and spits it out :-(

You could try the mam bottles. I find the teats are easier for them to latch onto (although obviously it's different to the breast) but it could be worth a try? My LO didn't like tommee tippee but I didn't BF for long x

^ We use the MAM bottles too, my little ones latches on them so much better. I second this suggestion :)

In the Poo department we get 1-2 a day and 3 on rare occasions. If she goes once it is a big one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->