How many weeks am I???

Marriedlaydee

Reaction score
Okay so here's a riddle!

Last period start date: 12th April 2017

Ovulation day: CD20 which was 1st May 2017

So am I 4 weeks or 5 weeks?!!! My pregnancy test is very dark and got a positive at 12DPO

Anyone who can help that would be great! It's only a week but I'd like to know. I've been going off that I'm 5 weeks along today. But because I ovulated 3 weeks into my cycle and not the average 2 weeks I'm curious!

I would say you're just over 4 weeks if you ovulated on 1st May. You may get dated as 5 weeks though until your first ultrasound as they usually date from the first day of your last period.
I'm kind of in the same situation. I miscarried on 6th April and got a positive pregnancy test again on 13th May. My tests are now darker than the control line but I have no idea how far along I am as I didn't have a period in between.

You would be just over 4 weeks. However I'm going off period date for the doctors sake even though I know I ovulated early.

If I go off O date it's 4weeks 2 days...so only 5 days behind...it's such a big difference for growth I feel like I've lost 5 days now lol! Back to being a Poppy seed then!

Your doctor will always go by your LMP date until they have a scan that gives them a more accurate date :)

Agreed the doc will go by lmp but o day is considered two weeks pregnant so I count from there. So you are 4+2 congrats!

Thanks everyone. Glad I realised now and not shocked when I have a scan and it's smaller than I had been been tracking every week ��

I am about 4 weeks 2 days too! Pretty sure I o'd on the 1st may :) my last period started 18th April.
We must be fairly close in dates :) xx

I see my midwife today as my silly doctor thinks I'm 8 weeks pregnant (I'm not but at least I get seen early lol) how are you feeling

Hi, I always use the doctors dates even though I know I OV late and that I'm likely to go to 42 weeks it's just easier, so Lmp till scan shows otherwise, by your Ondate we are due round the same time though

I've gone by the first day of my last period and will be sticking to that until a scan tells me otherwise :)

Hi everyone, im confused about how many weeks I am! Found out on Saturday I was pregnant and went to the doctor yesterday. He used the 1st day of my last period (12th April) but I know myself that I wouldnt of gotten pregnant until the 5th of May at least. So am I classed as 6 weeks pregnant or nearly 4? Thanks

Hi everyone, im confused about how many weeks I am! Found out on Saturday I was pregnant and went to the doctor yesterday. He used the 1st day of my last period (12th April) but I know myself that I wouldnt of gotten pregnant until the 5th of May at least. So am I classed as 6 weeks pregnant or nearly 4? Thanks

Pregnancy starts at the beginning of a new cycle, so your dates are based off your last menstrual period. It doesn't start on the date of fertilization.

Your due date should be around January 17th (there are many factors that can influence it such as length of cycles, ovulation dates, etc.) You are about 6 weeks. Congrats.

I also started my cycle on 12th April but know for a fact I ovulated on 1st may. So while doctor's insists on saying I'm 6 weeks 6 days I know I'm actually 6 weeks 1 day looking at development side of things. I started this thread and really obsessed about it but because I finally knew for certain when I ovulated I confidently know the dating scan will show a 6 week 3 day blob this Thursday at my scan. Not 7 weeks 1 day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->