How many weeks till starting solids

bundle4me

Reaction score
What age did u start solids? Did u go by weeks or months? Eg; my lo is 17 weeks but not 4 months till the 28th

DD was 6 months + 3 days (she was 26 weeks on the same day she turned 6 months, but we waited a few extra days so it was the weekend, for Daddy to be at home for her first food)...we are doing BLW so had to wait til 6 months :) She was fine on just milk til then, though, even though she's 91st centile for height and weight, and she didn't really start eating much for a few weeks.

5 months I started on puree's and now (7 months) were on to BLW because he prefers it

DS1 was 19 weeks based on medical advice, he was a reflux baby, it didn't help with his reflux!

DS2 is also a reflux baby and has CMPI I'll be waiting as long as possible before weaning him to be honest, it's such a messy process I really don't want to have to go through it again any sooner than I really have to!

HV and gp wanted us to start at four months because of DS poor weight gain due to his severe reflux but he couldn't do it, everything we put in his mouth his tongue pushed out. We tried once every couple of weeks with baby rice but he wasn't ready so we finally got started with puréed at five and a half months. We started BLW as well as puréed at six months and now at 6.5 minths DS is a fab eater, he still has some purees but is getting more and more BLW. Hopefully we will be able to drop the purees completely in a few weeks. If his weight hadn't been an issue I wouldn't have bothered with purée as he has so much fun with BLW. Guidelines I have read say absolutely not before 17 weeks but beat to wait till baby is six months, sitting, good head control and showing signs of being ready for solids.

I started Thomas at 4 months and Sophie at 6 months. I now see that 4 months was too early and I don't know why I was in such a rush.

About 7 months so we could baby led weaning. It worked great. Ds is 3 months just now and we will probably wait til 6/7 months to do blw again x

Dd was 19 weeks. She was sitting & could put things in her mouth. We did traditional weaning with her & loved it. We'll wait longer with ds - partly because it's so messy and partly because I don't want to be carting purees around at Christmas as well as everything else we'll need. If he's sitting well in his high chair, we'll probably start at 22 weeks.

Just watch for cues from your baby (holding head well, sitting well, showing a real interest in you eating etc.). Ds1 started himself at 16wks (he leaned over and took a bite of my banana while I was holding him) but ds2 wasn't interested until around 7mths.

Ds1 and ds3 were just a couple of days over 6 months, as pp said we wait until the weekend to start. With ds2 he was nearly 7 months as id gone back to work earlier and wanted to wait until the summer holidays started and I was off work so I could start him properly rather than missing out

21 weeks (5 months). He leapt off daddy's lap and grabbed a bit of mango.

I would rather have waited til later for blw. He's been having single veg/fruit every day (just a teaspoon a day or so).

He can sit up and hold his head while we give him a spoon of food and will grab hold of the spoon to put it into his mouth.

Kiddo was closer to 7 months. We did blw. Food before 1 is just for fun and exploration. No need to rush anything. Breast milk (or formula if that's what you're feeding) has everything baby needs to grow.

We went by months and started at 6 months. We did BLW (which is fantastic) and it was such a positive experience. There's no need to rush.

We started BLW at 6 months but she didn't pick it up til more like 7 months. We started at 3 months corrected with DD1 and its hell on earth, I hate weaning, hate spoon feeding which we had to do(TW) and BLW was way more relaxed and natural with DD2

We'll hopefully start at 6 months. We had to start DS early due to dropping centiles and did a mix if TW (so that we coud keep a food diary for the pediatrician) and BLW. With DD we were able to wait until 6 months and just do BLW which was much easier. I hate weaning, I'd wait until 2 years if I could :haha:

We'll hopefully start at 6 months. We had to start DS early due to dropping centiles and did a mix if TW (so that we coud keep a food diary for the pediatrician) and BLW. With DD we were able to wait until 6 months and just do BLW which was much easier. I hate weaning, I'd wait until 2 years if I could :haha:

Haha.. Same here. People get so excited about weaning but I couldn't think of anything worst. I would have quite happily kept DD on milk forever. So easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->