How many weeks where you when you saw MW..UK ladies?.

my1stbump

Reaction score
I confirm my pregnancy last mon, and I have booked MW for 17th Sept which will make me about 9-10wks.. Has it all changed? With my first I saw MW at 6wk for booking app, this is nearly 5yrs ago tho.

And do you think I will get to listen to HB then? I've previously MC and scared this time.

Cheers x

My first appointment was around 10 weeks with both my little boy and this baby. The midwife told me this time that their aim is to see everyone by 11-12 weeks I think. There was no suggestion of listening to the heartbeat I'm afraid, just form filling and bloods. I think they try to hear the HB at 16 week appointment.

I'm seeing mw next wed. I'll b 8+5 by then. Prob wont do heartbeat til nearer 16 weeks but if your anxious u could ask mw to arrange a reassurance scan. I got one last pregnancy after 2 previous m/cs so its possible she could arrange that xx

So are the scans later than 12wk Or can they fit you in? My Dr told me that I wouldn't be treated any differently with this pregnancy as I have two children already and only the one MC, and he said statistically the numbers wouldn't be against me..but still worries me.

Ive got the midwife at just over 8 weeks for my booking in, the heartbeat check will be around 15 weeks and at every midwife checkup after and scans are 12 weeks and 20 weeks, we had an additional 2 scans with callum to check his growth though xx

My scan date came through the post when I was about 7 weeks along. The scan is on Wednesday when I should be just over 12 weeks. I'm not sure how the system works in all areas, but I filled in a self- referral form, which the midwives must have used to work out an EDD and therefore request that the ultrasound department at the hospital send an appointment for around 12-13 weeks.

I can only imagine how horrible it must be to suffer a miscarriage, no matter whether you already have healthy children or not. It doesn't surprise me that the Dr told you that though, as I've heard that they only really monitor things more closely when you've had a few miscarriages. I'm sorry for your loss though, and I hope all goes well for you with this pregnancy :)

They seem to take a more laid back approach this time, I remember going at 6wk and then nearly every other weeks with my first, with my second it was similar but I was under consultant with DD because of growth and a renal kidney. So not sure what will happen now, I had an absolute horrendous MC experience which left me bleeding from Aug to Nov with no explanation and no medical assistance and in the end they could only stop the bleeding by me having the coil fitted!

So after what I had to go through I would rather know straight away than be sat hanging about suffering the way I did, I know all MC are horrible and everyone has there own experience when they have one, but I was mentally drained/scarred after all that so I think they should help me out a bit by maybe offering me a early scan..just in case as it is a constant worry!!
Maybe it's selfish of my thinking that they should but that's how I feel.

Hi, I wasn't allowed to make an appointment with my midwife before I was 10 weeks, saw her 10+1 in the end. She said its because the chance of miscarriage is significantly lower after 10 weeks.
My scan date arrived two days after seeing her, I will be 12+3 (this Friday:happydance:)

I've just posted a seperate thread along similar lines.
Can someone tell me where i can get a self referral form from because my doctors surgery seem a bit lax. I rang over a week ago and no-one has got back to me.
I could be 12 weeks going on my last period, but then i might not be! No idea.
I hate hanging round for someone to call me. I go back to.work on 2nd sept and cant have time off for appointments unless i say why. Something i dont want to do until I know exactly whats what.

With DS I really don't remember when I saw a midwife as I was moving to different counties and needed different notes so I think some got lost in translation.

With my m/c I was seen at around 8 weeks and I spent my whole appointment explaining to the midwife I was having a miscarriage, then my blood came back with HIV! Then on the retest it was fine. But scary waiting for some life changing results.

This time saw her at 9w 6d and scan is at 12w 3d. As it was so long since DS (7 years) I'm being treated as a first pregnancy again and going to love the extra attention :)

They tend to see you here at around 8-11 weeks. I'm not booking it though until I've had a private scan at the weekend as last time I sat through the 2 hour booking in appt only to have a missed miscarriage.

With my last two pregnancies I was 10 weeks pregnant when I had my booking in appointment. With this one I was 9+5 weeks so pretty much 10 weeks too.

Last year mw saw me at around 6wks, this time my first apt wasn't til 10wks x

With this pregnancy I saw MW at 9 weeks however with my first I saw her a lot earlier too...that was 5/6 years ago too!! xx

Hi, I just had the midwife phone me this morning and my first app is 30/08 which I will be 7+3 (until the date no doubt changes at scan!!)
I also had my scan app letter yesterday and this is on the 03/10 which I will be 12+2.

Hope that helps xx

With my first and this baby I saw the midwife at 10 weeks. I just got a scan date through the post for next week and midwife will listen to babys heartbeat at 16+6 in October for me :) x

9 weeks here for midwife! hospital does first scan between 10-12 weeks!

I'm booked in to see the midwife at 8+2 for my booking in apt x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"