How many weeks will you be at booking appointment?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Where I am you refer yourself to the midwife where you go to the hospital and have your booking appointment. From this they book your first scan.

So I know when I go for my appointment I will already be 12 weeks, the hospital can't fit me in any earlier either, I have got a reassurance scan when I will be about 9 weeks but they can't date me from that and only having as i miscarried in November.

I'm curious when is your booking in appointment? I'm struggling with work having to take holidays for these appointments already x

Mines at 7 weeks. My surgery do them between 7-10 weeks. I have early scans with the epu before that though so I don't mind waiting till then

I had my intake appointment (paperwork & first round of labs) at 9 1/2 ish weeks. I waited that long to make it easier on myself. They scheduled my first actual appointment for a week later, I was 10w4d.

You just book with whomever an whenever you like here in New Zealand, would drive me nuts to wait for weeks on end!

My doc booked my first u/s appointment at 7 weeks. This was after an intake appointment (with blood test and ect) to confirm pregnancy.

I'll be 8 weeks my first appt. Probably won't get an ultrasound until 2 weeks after that.

I will be nine weeks at my first appointment. I am so glad I didn't get early testing done like with my third son, that was a nightmare and nothing but stress. Out of all three of my boys it was the most stressful pregnancy and I am usually a great pregnant person.

I went to my gp (uk) to confirm pregnancy at like 4 weeks, she referred me to the hospital and my appointments came through the post a week or so later. I just had my booking in appt when I was 7+2 and my first scan is booked for when I'm 10+4, bit earlier than normal but I'm not complaining :haha:

I put off booking mine as my two previous pregnancies ended in mc before I got there so had to cancel both times. So I didn't even send in the self referral until I was 8 weeks. When I had DD the appointment was always around 7-8 weeks but I think they leave it until nearer 10 now, so hopefully they'll still be able to get me in around 10 weeks.

So strange how things are done in different countries. In Australia you go see a GP after you've POAS, they then send you for a blood test to confirm the pregnancy, once confirmed they give you a referral to have a dating scan at around 8 weeks (can be sooner if hcg is high enough). You then have another scan at around 12 weeks...and a 3rd at 18-20 weeks. No more scans after that unless you are high risk or have a scare...or you decide to pay for one yourself. I don't know how I'd deal without the initial GP appt for bloods and the 8 week scan, the extra few weeks wait would be torture!

So strange how things are done in different countries. In Australia you go see a GP after you've POAS, they then send you for a blood test to confirm the pregnancy, once confirmed they give you a referral to have a dating scan at around 8 weeks (can be sooner if hcg is high enough). You then have another scan at around 12 weeks...and a 3rd at 18-20 weeks. No more scans after that unless you are high risk or have a scare...or you decide to pay for one yourself. I don't know how I'd deal without the initial GP appt for bloods and the 8 week scan, the extra few weeks wait would be torture!
This is exactly how pregnancy should be dealt with in all countries! 12 weeks with no checks is the norm here and that's just far too long to wait for any news on how you're doing. Maybe if we handled it like this in the UK my MMC would have been picked up quicker than than long awaited 12 week scan :shrug:

I agree, especially as some situations can become serious if not seen to early on and not everyone has the symptoms that would raise the alarm in time to prevent a loss, infection or a rupture. And to find out your baby has passed, possibly weeks earlier would be devastating. If it's true that conception and successful pregnancy is more difficult now than for past generations, it makes sense then to monitor early pregnancy more closely! I hope your system mirrors our in the near future, it seems such a small thing to be seen a bit earlier, but good health and peace of mind are priceless.

I agree, especially as some situations can become serious if not seen to early on and not everyone has the symptoms that would raise the alarm in time to prevent a loss, infection or a rupture. And to find out your baby has passed, possibly weeks earlier would be devastating. If it's true that conception and successful pregnancy is more difficult now than for past generations, it makes sense then to monitor early pregnancy more closely! I hope your system mirrors our in the near future, it seems such a small thing to be seen a bit earlier, but good health and peace of mind are priceless.

It would be so helpful! I had a mmc picked up only as I started to bleed at 11 weeks. I still hadn't been seen by anyone at this point (UK). For this pregnancy, I'm now 10+2 and have my first booking in appointment on Monday. However I've again had bleeding and found to have a haematoma when I went to the hospital's EPU earlier this week. I've continued to bleed since the diagnosis and cannot wait to see the midwife on Monday to throw a million questions at her. It's been a very stressful wait!

My docs say between 8-10weeks but I had mine bang on 6 weeks coz she was sorting me an early reasurrance scan xx

in SA its almost the same as with Pippy but just here you can go to your OBGYN as early as 4weeks but will also just be to confirm your pregnancy

and with my DR I get a scan at every appointment I go to ... monthly check ups then from 32 weeks you go every second week and then at 36 weeks every week ... and u get a scan at each of these appointments ...

I'm not booking in until I see a baby on an ultrasound! I had bloods taken yesterday and having a repeat done on Monday. I then have a scan around 29th March possibly and might book in then! This is my 8th pregnancy so my midwife knows me and I don't need to have a booking appointment...she will just do a 10 week one and bring my notes to that one for me to fill in then (usually in our Drs you see her at 7 weeks for your booking in and then 10 weeks for your 1st trimester bloods but I know everywhere is different)

:flow:

I'll be around 9 weeks give or take a few days.

I was 12+6 days when I had my booking appointment.
I was rushed in for my '12 week scan' that day, because I wanted the Down syndrome check done with my 12 week (nuchal) scan - they can only get the measurement between 10 weeks and 14+1 week, and couldn't get me in at any other time.
If it's a check you want doing when you have the 12 week scan, tell your midwife at the booking appointment. x

I'm in the states, I just called for my appointment yesterday (BFP on Saturday). My OB's office said they like to see you at 6-8 weeks. My appointment is on the 30th, when I'll be exactly 6 weeks. I asked about seeing them early (I'm worried about mc's, as I had two last year) but they won't see me before that.

First two babies my booking was at 8 weeks. This time it was at 6 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->