How many?

plutosblue

Mum of 2 & duffed.
Reaction score
Ok girlies I must be mad.. I've become a little addicted to discovery home and health and all the baby programs in the mornings... :blush:

I have always wanted 3 children, but I find myself now wanting 4 if possible.. I don't even know why! I have 1 brother and although I love him if something was to happen to him I would be alone sibling wise (ok so thats a little morbid buts its true).. and I've always wanted a big family.. almost to compensate I suppose!

I have two dogs a cat and a snake, my two dogs are very highly charged staffies and I love the chaos that they bring into my life! I cant wait until April to try for baby no1. I just think when things are busy I don't have time to think and I love it and I'm in my element, whereas when I'm not busy my anxiety kicks in as I have too much time to think.

So how many do you want and why? :happydance:

Initially I wanted four - three girls and a boy. But four brings so many practical problems, I've been told, like cars and so on not being made for six. OH is also a little unsure about so many. I'm currently aiming for three - in a perfect world, girl, boy, girl. If we get to that point and want more, so be it. I have two dogs, a cavalier and a cocker spaniel, and we'll have another dog in a few years too. OH is worried I'll have no time for him or housework with lots of kids and lots of dogs!

Just two, and if we could pick it would be a boy then a girl. We want them fairly close together....so close in fact that when (god willing) we have our first, we don't plan on me going back on the pill or anything.

xxx

hmmmmm I like the idea of 3 children but they would have to be spaced out nicely so I could afford to send them to college down the line.

At least two, but no more than 4. I'd like them to be about 2 years apart each.

Before I had my ectopic I only wanted 2 at the most...But since this has happened I want atleast 3 or 4!

Well I've always wanted lots of children, but OH has convinced me (at least on the practical issues) that 3 is a maximum. I'm hoping for Boy-Girl-Girl but tbh, I'd just like some healthy babies.

After we've had our own & they are all teenagers or adults, I'd also like to foster and maybe adopt children who have little chance of being fostered/adopted by other familes. Perhaps a sibling group of 3 or an older child/teenager past the 'cute' stage that lots of families prefer.

That way we get to extend our family in a positive way having already done parenthood with our own children. :)

I would love 6, but OH has only agreed to 4 so far :lol:

I want to foster/adopt at least one child too. So maybe four of our own, and adopt two children to complete our family :)

We're thinking 2, or should I say I'm thinking 2 as OH would go on forever if he could. Ideally G then B, or 2 G. If we had 2 B then I'd have to go ahead and try for the girl! Not too bothered about having 2 of each after what my mum went through trying for another boy after there were 3 of us, older sis, younger bro, which puts me in the middle and I feel I am a bit middle child syndrome! I also have 2 younger half sisters, so my dad has 5 kids. OH is one of 4. Then if you include partners, children, stepmums and dads and the rest, there's alot of us!

I would love to foster once my own children are leaving home but OH won't agree to it atm. As for animals, resisting the urge to get a cat right now, but will definately have a dog and maybe a cat or 2 when we get a house in a few years.

Well I would love 6 OH only wanted 2, we have 3 and I have convinced him to try for one more but I know that would be my last.

There are so many 7 seater cars around these days that there isnt a problem but a bigger house would be nice.

secretly would love twins next but probably wont happen, my OH is an identical twin and my grandmother is a fraternal twin

Well I've always wanted lots of children, but OH has convinced me (at least on the practical issues) that 3 is a maximum. I'm hoping for Boy-Girl-Girl but tbh, I'd just like some healthy babies.

After we've had our own & they are all teenagers or adults, I'd also like to foster and maybe adopt children who have little chance of being fostered/adopted by other familes. Perhaps a sibling group of 3 or an older child/teenager past the 'cute' stage that lots of families prefer.

That way we get to extend our family in a positive way having already done parenthood with our own children. :)

I was thinking foster/adoption after my own have flown the nest, help some other children in need of some love! :cloud9:

Ideally I would like 2 girls and 2 boys but I think realistically as long as they are happy and healthy I can cope with whatever life brings me! :blush:

Well I would love 6 OH only wanted 2, we have 3 and I have convinced him to try for one more but I know that would be my last.

There are so many 7 seater cars around these days that there isnt a problem but a bigger house would be nice.

secretly would love twins next but probably wont happen, my OH is an identical twin and my grandmother is a fraternal twin

Wow we have lots of twins that run in my family too... I used to babysit my twin cousins... tough but fun!

Lol know exactly where you are coming from
I would love twins !! have 3 older children (8 -16 when hopefull number 4 comes along) so twins would be perfect -really dont wan tmy youngest not to have a close sibling, but dont think DH will agree to number 5 lol

xx

apparently (I have no idea if there's any truth to it) there are foods that promote twins if you fancied doing an experiment? :winkwink:

Lol know exactly where you are coming from
I would love twins !! have 3 older children (8 -16 when hopefull number 4 comes along) so twins would be perfect -really dont wan tmy youngest not to have a close sibling, but dont think DH will agree to number 5 lol

xx[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly the same with me my 3 are so close and I love watching them together and I know OH wont go for 5. Although I am good at persuasion :winkwink:

apparently (I have no idea if there's any truth to it) there are foods that promote twins if you fancied doing an experiment? :winkwink:

would try I know if you have a diet high in yams and there are a couple of homoeopathic supplements you can take. not that I have looked into it lol :blush:

would try I know if you have a diet high in yams and there are a couple of homoeopathic supplements you can take. not that I have looked into it lol :blush:

My auntie ended up with twins as she was given some tablets to make her produce more eggs... or something along those lines I don't know the ins and outs of it, the doctor gave it to her as she was having difficulty concieving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->