• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much and how often to feed 9 day old baby?

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
So my baby is 9 days old and seems hungry all the time we give him about 90ml and we're trying to get him to wait until 2 hours but sometimes he seems so hungry after only having a bottle an hour before! Is this normal?
Should we try giving him more milk? will that make him last a bit longer between bottle or just make him sick?

We have tried giving him 120ml but he didnt finish it all so we went back to 90ml again!

Hes not too bad at night and will go 3-4 hours between feeding but in the day he gets fussy and chews his hands and moves his head around like hes looking for food as well as crying but sort of wining not proper crying!

Im so confused!! How often should i feed my 9 day old baby and ow much?

Thanks xxx

At 9 days old its very common for babies to want to feed every 2 hours (or even sooner). I would just carry on as you are and offer a feed every time baby wants one. If he is not completely draining his 90ml bottles then I would stick to offereing 90ml, but if he does completely finish them then I would up each feed to 120ml (even if he leaves 30ml at the end of each one then its there for him already when he does decide he wants more). xx

My bub is 12 days old and drinking 125ml and 100ml bottles every 2-4 hours

I demand feed my now 11 week old on formula and have done since 3.5 weeks (before that was BF but formula top up every time). My Paed told me like the PP said if he drains his bottle offer more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->