How much can you lift?

saraaa

Mum of 1 and growing 1 😊
Reaction score
I work in a shop which requires lifting some heavy boxes, some of them are 14kg is that too much to be lifting?
Just as I'm not telling anyone at work I make excuses that I've got a bad back if they're any heavier but I keep getting asked if I'm taking a long holiday in 9 months time lol! :haha:

My 2.5 year old DS is now almost 14kg and I have to lift him daily! So I hope that's okay. I also have a bad back... no wonder! :haha:

I get a bit of a stiff back at the end of the day, the first day I did the lifting I had cramps all evening so I think that was my body telling me I'd over done things... Think it's used to it now because I don't cramp anymore. I'm just so tired all day now lol

My Dr said the rule of thumb is of you're used to doing it (within reason) then it should be ok, but if you decide on a whim to go move a dresser then No lol!! Just be smart about it, if it gets uncomfortable then don't!! I was told that heavy lifting doesn't cause miscarriage but rather joint discomfort since you have relaxin running around relaxing joints!!! However I was put on a 10lb weight lifting restrictions during this pregnancy due to so many losses.... she was very quick to reassure me that the restrictions I'm on (lifting, pelvic rest, no traveling ) are not because they cause miscarriage, however if something happened I couldn't blame myself (basically did everything I could)!! Hope this helps!!!

I've had a bad lower back prior to pregnancy. I'd get sciatica pains. So through this pregnancy I dodon't do any bending and lifting. I'll live heavy items that are mid level but nothing too close to the floor if I can help it!:)

its all about what you can already do.

There is not way to set a limit on pregnant women as we all have the abilities to lift different weights.

If your body has been doing the lifting then there should be no problem. Just listen to your body when its time to stop.

I am still lifting around 14kg. I haven't had any problems except from ladies saying oh noooo dont lift dont lift. I just roll my eyes. My body is fine and baby is fine.

I'm still lifting my 17 month old every day. She weighs 12.5kg. As a PP said, if our body is used to doing it and everything is progressing normally then lifting is fine x

Unless your dr says other wise you should be fine! It's something your use to so it shouldn't be an issue. It's different it your use to lifting 50lbs and jump to 200 lbs. I'm on a limit of 10-15 lbs which all my kids weigh much more then that even my nephews weight a few pounds more! I couldn't even carry my. 20 lb turkey I had to have my dad help me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->