How much do I need to drink before a 20 week Scan?

Haych86

Reaction score
as the title says lol ... how much do I need to drink ...

Drank just over a 1 litre within the 2 hours b4 my last scan but do I have to drink less this time?

My scan paperwork said no special requirements but i took along a diet fizzy drink to make sure babe was awake a bouncing around

You dont need to make an effort to drink before the 20wk scan...:winkwink:

i drank alot before the 20 week scan and the sonographer ended up getting me to go empty my bladder hehe i did it just on the safe side coz someone told me they didnt drink much before the 20 week scan and it was not very clear at all. at least with drinking lots you can empty :)

Don't drink a lot for this one. I did have a sneaky can of irn bru though just to get bubs wriggling about :) it didn't work like as he'she was sound asleep and refused to budge lol. Good luck with your scan x

i went with a empty bladder u dont need a full bladder the baby is big enough to c now.

Yep, normally they will get you to do a urine sample before the scan whilst you're waiting, you actually need an empty bladder - mine had filled up again by the time I got in and they made me go pee again!

dont drink too much. i had one glass of water an hour before!! at my 13 week scan i did the 1 and a half litres as suggested good god i couldnt walk and they left me waiting for an hour !!!

They told me to have a pint of water before this scan BUT the baby wasnt letting sonographer get a good image of his head so she asked me to empty my bladder as that may shift him and image was still as good and he did move to where she needed him x

this is weird....on my scan letter it said that it is compulsary for me to have a full bladder.....i think its best that you go with a full bladder...at leat you can empty it then whereas if you go with an empty bladder you only have that option

i had a can of fanta about half hour before just to get bubs moving, but that was it :)

my letter says to attend with a full bladder xx

I have a scan today and my letter says to attend with full bladder too. I can't remember exactly hoe much it says, but definitely the same amount as for 12 week scan

Ive never for any scan had a full bladder, had one at 8 12 and 20 weeks and had a million with my first baby and Ive never had to drink anything

I drank a bottle of coke before my scan (40 mins before) to get the baby moving - didn't work, she was all snuggled up and only moved when the sonographer made me empty my bladder for about the 50th time LOL x

I had a semi full bladder. Sat onthe waiting room bursting, half hour late and still bursting! Got into the scam room where the sonographer said aww babys kicking your bladder...... Hence me feeling like I could pop! Little monkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->