How much do you give them??

wishes

Mummy of two :)
Reaction score
How on earth do you know how much to give them?

When i feed archie (which is only rice/porridge at he mo) i just keep taking the spoon to his mouth until he's not intrested anymore... but i have no idea how much is normal???

Are we talking 5 teeny mouthfulls or 30??? :blush:

I don't think there is a 'normal' to be honest hon. I know some companies like Hipp give guidelines about how many spoonfuls to give but to be honest, I've always been guided by Aisling. I'll feed her until she turns her head or becomes disinterested, whether that's after 2 spoonfuls or 2 pots! I don't believe in the whole having one last spoonful for mummy thing, she's much better able to judge her appetite than I am. I see it as the same as bfing, I trust her to take as much milk as she needs and I'll trust her with solids in the same way. That's just me though! :D

That makes sense i guess. I have no idea how much milk he's drinking... seem scary when you can see the food though :blush:

I saw you were bubbling fruit in breastmilk. I didnt know you could do that. What do you do??

I also just followed the boys cues, I fed them til they didn't want anymore. But made sure to do it between milk feedings as to not interfere with that since that should be their main source of nutrition. When they were done they never wanted any milk so giving a bottle/nursing right after wasn't an option with them

I've just been chopping up an apple and a pear, I sometime add blackberries or peach, and put them in a pot with about 30ml milk and simmer for 10 minutes. I just mash it after that as Aisling has been eating alot of finger foods since 5 months but I guess you can puree it too. Turns out really nice, I'd be tempted to eat it myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->