How much do you spend on wedding presents?

catty

Reaction score
I have 3 weddings the same month and I'm starting to stress about cost. 2 of them we are invited all day.
One of them my oh is a groomsmen and is close friend of OH whilst the other we haven't spoke to in a long time.
The one in the evening is a good friend of mine who is just having a small daytime wedding.

What would you spend/give? I really don't know what is the norm

We give as a couple £100 if we go to the whole day and evening do.
Evening only £50.
Weddings are so expensive to attend as a guest!!! Ontop of our gift we have almost always had to book a hotel and taxi for afterwards and I usually buy a new dress unless it's a different group of friends where I can wear one previously bought.

No real set amount.. I look for something I think they'd like and, if I can afford it, they get it. Never more than £40/50 though and usually not even that much. I haven't had a wedding to attend since being on my own though... now, it would be much less than that.

It really depends on who they are to us, anywhere from £25 - £100. I prefer to buy a gift over giving cash.

I forgot to mention all the invites say they would like money! This means I can't get away with finding a good deal as they will know exactly what iv spent. Feeling stressed as it's all the same month
Oh and I will have a newborn baby which noone has invited, I don't expect them to but just adds stress when trying to establish breastfeeding

Usually newborn ebf babies are excluded from "no children" invites, I would definitely find out either way.

I'm having this problem too. I've only got one wedding to think about but it's one of my best friends and I'm going to be her bridesmaid. They've asked for money and I don't know how much to give! Especially as her hen night is about to cost me around £150 :/

Typically we spend anywhere from $25-100 on a gift/money gift, depending on our relationship to whoever is getting married. If they are just acquaintances, coworkers, or casual friends, usually around $25-30. Close friends or relatives usually $50-100, depending if we've already gotten them something for a shower if they had one, etc.

I'm photographing my cousin's wedding next month, and that'll be her gift. My time to take the pictures, edit them, and buy all the prints for her. (I'm just an amateur, do it for fun, but she can't afford an actual wedding photographer, so asked if I'd do it.) It'll probably cost me around $75-100 for all the prints and enlargements, album, and shipping charges to ship them to her.

Depends who it is but if it was a night time invite around £30 and for a all day then £50-100

For all day £100-120 and for an evening invite £50

I usually look at their registry and try for a $40-50 item because that's what I can afford. If everything is more expensive than that, I get a $50 gift card for the store they are registered at.

This is my policy for most gift-giving occasions, though.

Only one wedding I didn't give a gift but I was a bridesmaid and had to buy my own dress, so it wasn't really expected.

We usually give £20 regardless but that is down to us being skint all the time. Most people who came to ours and brought a gift it was either £10 or £20 in the card, though some older relatives who could kindly gave us about £50.
I would say give what your comfortable offering i'm sure friends will understand if its not as much as you feel you would like to given the circumstances of multiple days in one month coupled with the expense of a newborn!

Wow people are generous! Most friends gave us between £30-50 and family between £50 and £150. For a close friend day do I would give £50-100 all depending on what I could afford. They will understand if you can't give a lot

We didn't get many presents but when we did it was something small. I'd say about £5/£10 was spent and at a max maybe £20? I've only been to my sister's wedding as an adult and I didn't get her a gift but instead planned and set up most of the day for her.

About £30. We normally end up having to spend £200 on other things for it so were quite skint by the time the actual wedding comes around. Most people gave us £20-£30.

We didn't get many presents but when we did it was something small. I'd say about £5/£10 was spent and at a max maybe £20? I've only been to my sister's wedding as an adult and I didn't get her a gift but instead planned and set up most of the day for her.

I mostly received small gifts, though my parents got us a nicer quality cookware set and an uncle sent a $500 check which surprised the hell out of me, tbh.

When my friend got married they asked for money so i gave them £10 and a photo frame. Tbh i find asking for money a bit rude, i understand that they most likely already own everything but when someone says give us money because we want a free honeymoon, conservatory, bathroom etc i think that is a bit much. Obviously for these kinds of things they need and probably expect more than just a few pounds.

Thanks everyone!! Lots of different amounts.
Think for the wedding where my boyfriend is the groomsmen we will give 60? And the other two £40.

Although it can be hard to know what people want/need I'd rather do that as they don't know exactly what Uv spent and I'm quite good at picking up good deals so it would probably look more than what it cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->